Hacking [Warning] a new update is just got released

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is weird but, I'm still on 5.50 and can play online fine. I exited out of Splatoon and my Wii U went straight to an update screen without my approval, however it ran into some error and it stopped downloading it. It then proceeded to reboot and I continue to be on 5.50 and playing online fine even after that happened. Super Mario Maker didn't nag me either.
There is some random timeframe in which you can play online even without the latest system menu version, but you still need the latest game update.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a warning, I'm not 100% sure that Hykem is using a "certain bug" for userspace, but if he is, that bug is patched in 5.5.1. I'd wait for confirmation from him before updating.

Edit: and no, I am not talking about the MP4 bug.
Thanks for the information.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I got owned, I was installing eshop games earlier today and did not even realized the system updated in the process buuuuu :(

I guess my only fun will be from vWii then :P

Last edited by sendblink23,

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a warning, I'm not 100% sure that Hykem is using a "certain bug" for userspace, but if he is, that bug is patched in 5.5.1. I'd wait for confirmation from him before updating.

Edit: and no, I am not talking about the MP4 bug.

So we have two different userland exploits patched in 5.5.1 ?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Where did you get this info?

6a00d83451ea7269e2010536187858970c-320wi

Reactions: Thirty3Three

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two bugs, not sure if he exploited the other one or not.

But you did exploit it though ? or are you still working on it ? it's been months since you told us you're working on it, of course not that we expect anything from you, but just out of curiusity, did you exploit that bug?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Well I got owned, I was installing eshop games earlier today and did not even realized the system updated in the process buuuuu :(

I guess my only fun will be from vWii then :P

Should not have messed with online since maintenance was carried out over night. Tbh, only go yourself to blame for that sorry.

Krantor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see TubehaxDNS blocks it. Either the update servrs are hadcoded as some have suggested or Nintendo just doesn't care enough to set up IPs for their servers.
Anyone knows if it will be possible to spoof it with WUP Installer?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to see TubehaxDNS blocks it. Either the update servrs are hadcoded as some have suggested or Nintendo just doesn't care enough to set up IPs for their servers.
Anyone knows if it will be possible to spoof it with WUP Installer?
Yeah apparently Creidar says his updated the install files which I think he has I downloaded the eu package and it does say dated 12/01/2016 so I presume there OK to install but I want to make sure that is OK before I do it! has anyone spoofed as yet to try?

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool