Warner Announce LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jan 5, 2012.

Jan 5, 2012
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Warner Interactive have announced that a sequel to LEGO Batman, which went on to sell 11 million copies is in the works. The game will be titled 'LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes' and is in development by TT Games, the team behind all of the LEGO games.
    The sequel, which is set for release on all consoles, including the 3DS and Vita this summer will see Batman and Robin joined by other superheroes from the DC universe, such as, Superman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern.
    The game will feature an original story, new gadgets, suits, and new areas of Gotham City to explore.

[​IMG] Source

2. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    I actually enjoy all of the Lego games, so I might pick this up for the Vita as long as they don't try to half ass the portable version like they usually do.

3. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    I thought Lego was making a Super Hero game that featured DC and Marvel characters?

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    I'm not too excited for this. Might pick it up.

If this will be following the trend of games that are on all platforms, the PS3/360/Wii and DS one will be completely new. The 3DS version will be a port from the Wii version. The Vita one will be an upscaled 3DS version. Here's hoping I'm wrong, though.

5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Neat?

The Lego games are the most dependably serviceable series of games out there. They aren't good enough for me to go out and buy them, but they're fine enough to justify their continued existence.

6. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    They should have called this Lego DC and leave it a that. I guess Batman in the title will help sales.

7. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'm glad a developer like TTGames exists. It continues to make good games, and isn't forced to close down like other groups. There's too many companies who make good games but get shut down, and too many bad companies that keep making poop games :(

8. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    I'll probably just pick the console version. I have no intention of buying games on handhelds if they're released on consoles.

9. GeneralLeoFF

Member GeneralLeoFF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I wonder if they will care enough to support the PC version of the game this time. They sure as hell dont care about the first one. I cant even play it unless I dig out my old Windows XP laptop. Cant play it on Windows 7 unless you dont mind turning all the graphics options off.

These are still fun games though and I will get it. I just got the new Harry Potter today.

10. JonnyPoots

Member JonnyPoots GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's precisely what i thought, though it is possible that whatever story there is picks up from the end of lego batman.
    I've been looking into the actual lego set that's coming out and it is titled 'LEGO DC Universe Superheros'. It features both a black suit and a blue suit Batman; maybe one is Dick Grayson from his stint as Batman (for those who pay attention to comics)
    I'm just excited for lego Superman.

11. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Although I like the LEGO games I do have to admit they're pretty much the same game over and over just with a different theme / characters (with the exception of a few different ones such as LEGO Battles.)