c7
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gotta get some things off my chest. I was going to address these issues in another thread, but I felt like it was deserving of a thread of its own. Sorry if this conversation has taken place on this board before and I missed it.

I hate Warioware: Smooth Moves, and I feel incredibly ripped off after spending 50 dollars on the damn thing. The single player mode lasts for 3 hours, tops (and it's only that long because you can't skip the cut scenes.) Would it really have been that hard to include a mode where you have to beat every mini game a certain number of times? As has been included in all the other Warioware games that I've played before? This mode not only extends the gameplay time significantly, but it also gives you an incentive for unlocking every single game.

Smooth moves has poses that you can unlock, but seriously, who cares? "Oh look. In this one the guy is laying down and he's holding the form baton up in the air." Fuck that. I stopped unlocking poses, but the only reason that I could see wanting to acquire all of them if they were at least somewhat interesting. Think "Form Baton Rape" or "Form Baton through the Eye" or even "Balance Stone Hanging in Town Square."

And then you're left with the multiplayer. And I understand that this is where the game is really supposed to shine. Problem is that this part of the game is just crippled by the way that it's set up. The multiplayer modes are fine, I suppose, but things got left out that would be much much better.

For instance, I remember the original Warioware on the Gamecube had a mode where people had to do something at the same time that they did the minigame, and then the other players would applaud based on how well they did. "While telling a secret..." or "While hopping on one foot..." or "While naming as many US Capitals as possible... complete this minigame." Things like that could have been awesome.

Or, simply allowing people to applaud for how well the other friends completed the mini game normally would be a welcome addition. If you've played the game with others, you know as well as I do that you've got that one friend that figured out that he can do "hula hoop" without putting his hands on his hips, and that's just wrong.

But, of course, the game can't allow the option to applaud good Warioware sportsmanship because multiplayer mode only uses one wiimote. That's excellent for if you've got 12 friends who want to play together (which I've never been able to get 12 friends together at one time to play. Plus, I'm not sure how that would work in my tiny ass apartment anyway.), but if it's me and 3 other people and we all have our own wiimotes, why in the name of all that is holy can't we just use our own controllers so that we don't have to swap anything? Or, even better, why can't the 4 of us do the minigames at the same time the way that god intended? Having 4 people doing something like jumping rope or doing that (admittedly fun) stupid dance routine at the same time would be awesome.

Sigh. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get some of this shit off of my chest. As a longtime fan of the series, it really saddens me that Smooth Moves turned out this way. It overwhelmingly feels as though the game was rushed to hit a launch window, and that just sucks.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah that one remote multiplayer is something of an abortion. And I have got to agree, not the best replay value in single player. But I really like the arcade like games. That stacking game and tower pong held my interest for a long while. Still not the best thing i ever spent fitty bones on.

spokenrope

c7
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd really have to agree. Some of what's there is pure gold. I just wish that the ways that the games were presented were more true to what's been done in the past with Warioware games.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't own this game, but I can tell you Warioware for the DS is very addicting. Unlocking the games is what makes it fun. Revisiting the games can be fun as well.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
The big difference between Warioware for DS and Wii is the difficulty... i remember playing the wii one and thinking, ok so when does this get frustratingly hard? i dont know whether the wiimote makes it easier to play, or the game was just plain easy cause i'd seen it all before.... still enjoyable though, but like most wii games at the moment, absolutely no replay value....

Pennylane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to completly agree with spokenrope.

Nintendo pulled some kind of "Sony advertising" on WW - they just fucked up everything they could.

Why is the "choose a specific game" mode limited to 3 rounds? Why no multi-wiimote support? Why aren't there any simultanious multiplayer modes...?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm also sad that i spend my money on warioware, the whole experience is just disappointing.
Wario ware on the gamecube is still the best, they should have made a remake of that but then with the smooth moves mini games
tongue.gif

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else think it's not as funny as the ones on GBA and Gamecube?

Some of the humor must be lost with 3D graphics. The big blocky pixels on the gamecube made this game seem even more crazy. I'm glad I still have the cube version, I'll be keeping it.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

spokenrope

c7
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I missed the replies on this thread, but it's good to see that I'm not the only one who felt like this game was a dissapointment. Misery loves company. Or, in this case, disappointment loves company.

The silver lining is, however, that now I'm not going to feel so bad about getting a mod chip and testing out games before I buy them from now on.

joesmokey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily I was able to borrow this game from a sibling and didn't have to purchase it. I agree that the game is being way overrated and given too much credit by review sites.

Maybe it's because I can pretty much figure out each mini-game the first time, but after playing it through once I don't feel the need to revist any of the mini-games. I've played some of the multiplayer games with 3-4 people, and have to say it's not really a fun experience (the first mode at least). It's really annoying to have to switch spots in front of the tv with the player, as well as get the remote from them and try and get the wrist strap setup before the prompt for your game comes on the screen. This is one of the only games that really just makes me want to forget about using the wrist strap at all.

While it's fun laughing at your friends following the positions the game makes you do, it's almost more fun to go through the single-player part of the game just alternate houses so that the gaming doesn't end quickly.

9-volt's games were great, but as a whole it feels like this game was a DS version: there simply weren't enough mini-games. Certainly doesn't seem like they were taking advantage of the game being on DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1