WarioWare DIY and Desmume.

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by NANASHI89, Sep 24, 2012.

Sep 24, 2012

WarioWare DIY and Desmume. by NANASHI89 at 12:11 AM (3,299 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. NANASHI89
    OP

Member NANASHI89 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Warioware DIY won't play on Desmume, what do I do?

Thx in advance!

2. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    This is pure conjecture on my part, but it might have something to do with the massive game save sizes.

3. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    If you're using a recent version, you have to go to Emulation -> Slot 1 and then pick "Retail with NAND Flash" for the game to boot, but be advised in-game saves don't work with it(by don't work, I mean you can save your progress, but the next time you boot the game, it'll be a clean slate; it never saves to the hard drive). You'll have to use save states to keep any sort of progress, unfortunately, which means you won't be able to carry progress over to newer versions of the emulator.

4. CrazyMax

Newcomer CrazyMax Newbie

Ukraine
    on DeSmuME r4785 implemented emulation NAND flash. saves in WarioWare D.I.Y / Made in Ore works fine now.

5. bobmcjr

Member bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Only in the windows version. The *nix version only supports 6 save types (up to 4Mbits FRAM). DIY created a 32KByte save but looking through the file with a hex editor, the proper DSMIO_S header is in there. Now get jam with the band/band brothers dx working :P

6. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    It already works... You obviously didn't play the game enough as the save file expands depending on where the game wants to write. It doesn't create a full sized save if the game doesn't ask it to :P

7. bobmcjr

Member bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That sorta makes sense, just used to my flash cart creating the full 32MByte save. Anyway, hope that can be added to drastic soon :) Also hoping that the desmume save type will be somewhat compatible with the warioware diy tools I made a few months ago