Wanting to sell my 3DS XL but does this sound reasonable?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by VLinh, Jun 12, 2013.

1. VLinh
    OP

VLinh GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2008
    Canada
    Hi Everyone,

I currently own the Limited Pikachu 3DS XL and used it only to use the offer of when buying a 3DS XL and a game, you get a game free so I have Super Mario 3D Land loaded onto the handled. I want to sell it because I know I can get a cheaper one with a few more game with it to boot and the overall style had died off of me unless they make a special Pokemon X/Y or Smash Bros one in the future.

The condition overall is great, havent disbanded the plastic that holds the charger together, etc.

I wanted to start selling this at 250.00 because of the rarity and also SM3DLand installed on it also. Does this seem reasonable?

Thanks!

2. hisagishi

hisagishi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2013
    United States
    250? Thats more than the cost of a new one. I bought a 3ds xl used on amazon for about 130~

I wouldn't bother selling it since you are just going to buy a new one anyway.

3. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    i have seen people selling new one's for almost $400 on ebay, so $250 for a used one + a game is a good deal but if you can get $300 try to.

4. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    Really? Around here it wasn't all that rare, I could still have bought 5 or 6 if I wanted to after christmas. And the local Toys'R'Us definitely had still one laying around when I was last there 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Edit: Maybe Germany got more of that then other European countries, Ebay sellers from Germany are pretty cheap (180-220€ new), but i.e. sellers from the UK want about 380-450€ for it.

5. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    I've seen a few in the US go for upwards of $300 without the game but that's just auction personally if your not in a rush to sell it I might try Auctioning it off on ebay that way you might get more for it.;)