Wanting to play SSBM on my Wii via burned discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by YMSmash, Feb 8, 2016.

1. YMSmash
    OP

YMSmash Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    so i wanted to play ssbm on my wii, and i tried to burn my dvd+r disc (x16) for it. however, my wii wasn't able to read it, and it told me to refer to the instruction manual for details. i then tried my starfox assault disc (which was also burned on dvd+r) and it worked. i then ran it via nintendont and it worked perfectly

so a while ago, i retried burning another ssbm disc (at x4). i tried leaving it as a gcm file and burned it like that, but it gets error 002. i also tried it on nintendont but it gets stuck. i then installed neogamma to hopefully fix this but neogamma doesnt read the disc as well and just gets stuck at "reset disc" and after a while questions me if there's a disc inserted

so i retried to burn another disc, this time i made it an iso file and burned it at (x8). once again, the wii couldnt read it and referred me to the manual, so i tried it on neogamma again. neogamma then presents an error code of some sort (i dont remember, my bad) and assumes that it's either dvd+r/bad burn/DL problem

however, my star fox assault disc was also dvd+r but it worked, so how come when i burn ssbm into the same disc it doesnt work? does the speed (x6, x8, x16) matter? all my dvd+r discs shows x16. i didnt burn my starfox assault disc so i wouldnt know, the wii wasnt originally mine anyway

i would like some help here, i rly want to play ssbm (and possibly other gcn games like paper mario) on my wii

2. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Use nintendont. You just said it works.