Wanting to change a spare monitor to allow wireless capabilities?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by gifi4, Apr 22, 2012.

1. gifi4
    OP

gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Apr 21, 2010
    Melbourne
    Hey guys, what I'm after is an adapter of some sort that allows me to wirelessly have a second display for my graphics card, according to http://www.wireless-monitor.net/ there are adapters
    (sorry for the large text, just copied straight from the site)
    So, how much am I looking at, pricewise, for an adapter such as that?
    Are they reliable?

My goal is to turn my old 19" monitor into a display in which I can have in my room. Combine that with an Android app (Unified Remote) it'll be like having a completely wireless comp in my room, though gaming will be done at the actual comp, this will be as a browsing alternative and when I wanna check things up, start a download, etc...

Edit: Hoping a mod can fix my typo (spair to spare)

2. Scorpei

Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Maybe not wireless, but an UTP extender? Seeing as you are already wanting to use a wireless controller...
    http://www.dealextre...-121186?item=23
    Depending on what you want to use and what you want to pay that works fine. Use one myself (different one, more pricy ;)) with VGA with a cat5 cable to connect my plasma to my PC. Depending on the price and type you can reach up to 100m-200m-300m easy (powered > unpowered).

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Related to Scorpei's suggestion I would instead point you at something like a beagleboard (or I guess raspeberry pi once they become a bit more available and developed) or a plug computer and get you to wire up VNC or RDP (by the way I have not tested the android version although I imagine it is much the same but the iphone version of teamviewer (a very quick and easy way to set up VNC) is pretty good).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice