Hardware Wanting to change a spare monitor to allow wireless capabilities?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, what I'm after is an adapter of some sort that allows me to wirelessly have a second display for my graphics card, according to http://www.wireless-monitor.net/ there are adapters
Turn your current Display into a Wireless Monitor

There are also several 3rd party wireless adaptors on the market, just plug one adaptor into your monitor and the other into your computer and there you have a wireless monitor
(sorry for the large text, just copied straight from the site)
So, how much am I looking at, pricewise, for an adapter such as that?
Are they reliable?

My goal is to turn my old 19" monitor into a display in which I can have in my room. Combine that with an Android app (Unified Remote) it'll be like having a completely wireless comp in my room, though gaming will be done at the actual comp, this will be as a browsing alternative and when I wanna check things up, start a download, etc...

Edit: Hoping a mod can fix my typo (spair to spare)

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe not wireless, but an UTP extender? Seeing as you are already wanting to use a wireless controller...
http://www.dealextre...-121186?item=23
Depending on what you want to use and what you want to pay that works fine. Use one myself (different one, more pricy ;)) with VGA with a cat5 cable to connect my plasma to my PC. Depending on the price and type you can reach up to 100m-200m-300m easy (powered > unpowered).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Related to Scorpei's suggestion I would instead point you at something like a beagleboard (or I guess raspeberry pi once they become a bit more available and developed) or a plug computer and get you to wire up VNC or RDP (by the way I have not tested the android version although I imagine it is much the same but the iphone version of teamviewer (a very quick and easy way to set up VNC) is pretty good).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D