Hacking wanting to buy a ez

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These load games straight from your slot 1 card. You put all your GBA ROMs onto that and use this to load them.

However, there have been a fair number of threads here about the devices having unreliable SRAM batteries. If you're only looking for GBA support, I'd recommend this over the 3-in-1 -

http://www.realhotstuff.com/ezflash-size-p-294.html

It's a dedicated GBA cart that uses its own SD card. It will work without the need for a slot 1 loader, as well as working on a GBA and a Game Boy Player. It also has very good game compatibility, but lacks a real time clock(though most of these devices lack it anyway)

sturmen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShAdOwFuRi said:
So does the EZFlash 3 in 1 have real time??

I think- am not sure- that only a small handful of the standalone GBA flash carts ever had RTC installed. Since it seems that only the Pokemon games ever used it(could be wrong, but it'd be a VERY short list) manufacturers didn't bother to install it and drive the cost up. Many of them don't even have sufficient onboard RAM to run the beefier games. It's one reason I went with the EZ-Flash IV phat model, it actually has sufficient RAM. The EZ-Flash IV Lite model doesn't.

The Pokemon ROMs have patches out that remove the RTC requirement by disabling the game functions that use it.

darnoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i just ordered a 3 in 1 i got a question tho will i have to do something to set it up? or do i just put the games on and it will run. also i heard you gotta keep it charged in your ds for 6 hours is this true?

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SRAM battery is rechargeable, but doesn't have a charge from the factory. Plug in your DS AC adaptor, put it in the DS cartridge slot and turn it on. Close the lid and just sit it somewhere for 6-8 hours.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Diosoth said:
The SRAM battery is rechargeable, but doesn't have a charge from the factory. Plug in your DS AC adaptor, put it in the DS cartridge slot and turn it on. Close the lid and just sit it somewhere for 6-8 hours.
No, it's not. SRAM battery is a CR1220 3.0 volt lithium battery and can't be charged. But I managed to solder a new one (first soldering job in my life) and it turned out pretty good.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1111 said:
Diosoth said:
No, it's not. SRAM battery is a CR1220 3.0 volt lithium battery and can't be charged. But I managed to solder a new one (first soldering job in my life) and it turned out pretty good.

If that were the case then there would be no need to charge the device for 7 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol