ROM Hack Wanted to switch to my old region again now GodMode doesn‘t react anymore

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is switched the region of my 3DS to Japan because I had some problems to play the Japanese version of Animal Crossing.
Now I wanted to switch back again and used the same 3DS.info guide to do it.

Unfortunately when I wanted to use the ctrtransfer script nothing happened. I didn‘ use the latestversion of God9 and so I thought I would just update the files using the newest download of the release. After copying these files onto my SD card GodMode is. Ot launching anymore and the only thing my New3DS does is showing a blank screen when turned on.

Could you please help me on how to fix this? Tons of thanks in advance!!!

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is switched the region of my 3DS to Japan because I had some problems to play the Japanese version of Animal Crossing.
Now I wanted to switch back again and used the same 3DS.info guide to do it.

Unfortunately when I wanted to use the ctrtransfer script nothing happened. I didn‘ use the latestversion of God9 and so I thought I would just update the files using the newest download of the release. After copying these files onto my SD card GodMode is. Ot launching anymore and the only thing my New3DS does is showing a blank screen when turned on.

Could you please help me on how to fix this? Tons of thanks in advance!!!
You should change your SecureInfo_C to the correct region. This happened to me last week.

Here's the old instruction: (which helped me changed my region back to original, im assuming you dont have a nand back up just like i do)
1. Press (Start) then hold (Up) to reboot into arm9loaderhax GodMode9
2. Navigate to SYSNAND CTRNAND->rw->sys
3. Press (Y) on SecureInfo_A to copy it
4. Press (Y) to paste a copy of SecureInfo_A
5. Select "Copy path(s)"
6. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND writing, then input the key combo given
7. Select "Choose new name"
8. Use the D-Pad to rename the file to SecureInfo_C, pressing (A) when you're done (overwrite any existing SecureInfo_C)
9. Scroll down to the SecureInfo_C you just pasted
10. Press (A) on SecureInfo_C then select "Show in Hexeditor"
11. Press (A) to continue
12. Press (A) to enter edit mode
13. Go to the beginning of line 00000100 and press (A) on it
14. Hold (A) while pressing (Up) or (Down) on the D-Pad to edit the number
15. Change the first number pair on line 00000100 to the following pair that corresponds to *the region you want to change to*: - "00" : JPN - "01" : USA - "02" : EUR
16. Press (B) to exit edit mode, then save changes, then press (B) again to return to the directory
17. You should see both a SecureInfo_A and SecureInfo_C if everything was done properly. (SecureInfo_C is used in place of SecureInfo_A when using Luma3DS if it detects the file on boot)

Last edited by Akira,

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just tried it and had to realize that GodMode9 is no longer showing up when I press Start when booting up the device.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using B9S before this happen? I just want to make sure. And is luma booting if you press select on boot?

Last edited by Akira,

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luma is still booting correctly. After changing out the GodMode files to the latest version (because the region change didn't work), GodMode stopped booting up completely.

moebius77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just make sure to not follow everything in the steps, you only need to change the region of the SecureInfo_C to your original region.
I just noticed that before hacking my 3DS I made a backup with a file like this:010606_YEM10038073_sysnand_000.bin .

Can I just use this one to restore my system completely?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed that before hacking my 3DS I made a backup with a file like this:010606_YEM10038073_sysnand_000.bin .

Can I just use this one to restore my system completely?
yes, thats the main use of that nand back up. If you mentioned it in the first place, then i would've told you that first. I assumed you don't have nand back up since you tried region changing to the original region. But, anyways, if that's the original nand back up, then yes, you can use that one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome