Rhapsody

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Over in the #3dshacks IRC on Rizon, a few of us are testing where SafeSysUpdater generally fails when partialing a downgrade. We've tried this on an O3DS, both emunand and not, and an N3DS on emunand. We've determined that the bricks aren't liable to happen unless it's on an N3DS system. That being said, we need someone with an N3DS hardmod to help us test this a few times, and record the downgrade process so we can see exactly where it tends to fail.

With SafeSysUpdater, we've constantly run into the issue where, if it partials, the browser won't be available, and thus browserhax is unusable. For this reason alone, we recommend that people use SysUpdater instead, despite SafeSysUpdater seeming to be superior in every other way besides that. We want to fix SafeSysUpdater's major issue so that we can start recommending it, but, as I said above, we need someone with an N3DS hardmod to help us out here.

Send me a PM or post in this thread if you're interested. That's all I'm asking.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I STILL doesn't have a hardmob, but i will pay a user to do for me (soon as I got some money), because my N3DS softbricked (dunno if the brick you're saying is a HardBrick or just Soft).

I tried using SafeSysUpdater on two N3DS.

The first one was mine, it was on 9.6, tried to downgrade with SafeSys, got Nintendo black error screen, after the reboot, system won't boot (i didn't try removing my sd), recovery, then got into 10.5. It was a new console, unboxed and tried to downgrade.

The second was from a friend, it was on 10.3, I've used SafeSys too because SysUpdater wasn't booting (tried the PonyFTP trick and others, menuhax entrypoint). But before the downgrade, I've cleaned the NAG update, formated the console, the SD card and done the same steps that I've tried on my N3DS.

Also, I don't know if this experiences will help you with anything, but I though it will come in handy.

Rhapsody

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I STILL doesn't have a hardmob, but i will pay a user to do for me (soon as I got some money), because my N3DS softbricked (dunno if the brick you're saying is a HardBrick or just Soft).

I tried using SafeSysUpdater on two N3DS.

The first one was mine, it was on 9.6, tried to downgrade with SafeSys, got Nintendo black error screen, after the reboot, system won't boot (i didn't try removing my sd), recovery, then got into 10.5. It was a new console, unboxed and tried to downgrade.

The second was from a friend, it was on 10.3, I've used SafeSys too because SysUpdater wasn't booting (tried the PonyFTP trick and others, menuhax entrypoint). But before the downgrade, I've cleaned the NAG update, formated the console, the SD card and done the same steps that I've tried on my N3DS.

Also, I don't know if this experiences will help you with anything, but I though it will come in handy.

That unfortunately won't help much since we already know that this is a possibility, but thanks for the info anyhow!

Reactions: Falkiner

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It fails with System Settings install and browser. I believe there was 4 CIAs it failed to install each time. Only way to recover is to use a cart entry point. I dont have a hard mod but this was reproduced on 3 N3DS when I was working on it in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality