OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You are having very bad luck

I would try openCMA but you need version 5 the on is this link http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1252
I did try Open CMA already - it seems to know it has been plugged in (the screen changes to Connecting ...) but then it always says could not connect to PC. Ill give it one more go, then I'll give up.
Yeah, installed CMA again and did the OpenCMA things, connected the Vita and it said Connecting... Please wait but then said
Could not connect to the device
Suggested Actions (PS3)
Suggested Actions (PC)
OK

No PS1 for me, I am giving up now. If I get access to another computer in future I will try again. I think there's something wrong with this one.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

_112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have a mac computer somewhere that you could try qcma with. I had troubles with qcma on windows but it worked on mac

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is the difference between QCMA and openCMA? According to a wololo, QCMA is something for linux cause sony forgot to releas a content manager for linux platform.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hold on, let me try then. I never used it before and i have windows 7 :P

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Use these settings: http://imgur.com/a/OLeNi and reboot your PC afterwards (note the custom version, you've changed yours, not sure if that has anything to do with it though). I'm also on 3.18 and 3.20 and use the FW 3.10 protocol for both my Vita and PSTV, so make sure you're also on that version. Are you sure your PC is on flight mode?

Did you maybe download (and not install) an update? Click on the bubble in the top right and see if it says anything about an update. You can delete the update from that menu.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind i got it to work. Just after restarting the system. :)
And is on 3.60. Installed the open cma then restarted vita and it works now. :D

So you have to turn off ps vita wifi then restart system and it should work. Can you try and confirm this please? :creep:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Click on the bubble in the top right
Theone next to the time and battery? I clicked on it and it said no new notifications :-(
Do you have a mac computer somewhere that you could try qcma with. I had troubles with qcma on windows but it worked on mac
What version of OSX do you have? I downloaded version 3.12 of QCMA for OSX (a .dmg with a .app inside) but it won't run. I have 10.9.5.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I use OSX 10.11.5 and QCMA 0.3.9
Yep I tried 0.3.9 too and it did run. But the mac won't recognise the vita.
I think it's time to give up.
Agree. I already did when I made the post, but if people are kind enough to give me suggestions I should try them, just in case :-)

_112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is very weird it should work, it should of worked with the PC and should of worked with the MAC, I would still keep it on 3.18 and wait until 3.60 has PSOne and PSP running

Reactions: Quantumcat

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep I tried 0.3.9 too and it did run. But the mac won't recognise the vita.

Agree. I already did when I made the post, but if people are kind enough to give me suggestions I should try them, just in case :-)
Did you try my idea? I know you must feel fustrated and stressted, but if you want something done, i don't think, you should give up. Take a break or something sure, but giving up admits a loss. You don't want to lose, no one wants to lose. :teach:

I used the QCMA thing. On windows 7 by the way, Downloaded the latest CMA from the sony site, download 5.0 QCMA, installed it as instructed, and it worked. For some reason i had to disable the vita's wifi then restart the system. Load Content manager, and when asekd to plug in usb, it worked after that. For some reason when i reboot with wifi on, it ask for updates. I dunno why. :unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat

Never mind i got it to work. Just after restarting the system. :)
And is on 3.60. Installed the open cma then restarted vita and it works now. :D

So you have to turn off ps vita wifi then restart system and it should work. Can you try and confirm this please? :creep:
Did you try my idea? I know you must feel fustrated and stressted, but if you want something done, i don't think, you should give up. Take a break or something sure, but giving up admits a loss. You don't want to lose, no one wants to lose. :teach:

I used the QCMA thing. On windows 7 by the way, Downloaded the latest CMA from the sony site, download 5.0 QCMA, installed it as instructed, and it worked. For some reason i had to disable the vita's wifi then restart the system. Load Content manager, and when asekd to plug in usb, it worked after that. For some reason when i reboot with wifi on, it ask for updates. I dunno why. :unsure:

D

Deleted-355425

Is the moment to insert the cable when it asks whether to connect with USB or wifi? Didn't work, asked for update again :-(

If you get one prompt to update you need to restart your vita or it will know there is an update and nag you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U