Wanted: Anon advice from smart people

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Smatchmo, Dec 16, 2008.

Smatchmo should next buy...

1. Acekard2

0 vote(s)
  2. DSTT

0 vote(s)
  3. other

0 vote(s)
Dec 16, 2008
  1. Smatchmo

Member Smatchmo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2008
    south Mississippi
    United States
    I'm buying another DS flash cart.

I have owned:
    1 R4DS
    2 EZ-Flash V+

I see that the following are selling pretty cheap:
    1 AK2
    2 DSTT

Two issues that top my 'priorities" list:
    1 power consumption
    2 load time

regarding the issues on my priorities list, which is better?

and of all flash karts, which is the greenest?

thanks [​IMG]
  2. Talaria

Member Talaria ...

Jan 31, 2007
    New Zealand
    1-Right, power comsumption will be different everytime, depending on, which game being played, the brightness, sound volume, how much power the DS is drawing to power the components to run the game, so it is pretty hard to measure, the standards are pretty much the same among all Slot-1 Flash Carts, around the same as a original cartridge from Nintendo of a game, give or take some mins. If you are concerned about being green, charge your DS via solar power

2- Not sure about TTDS, but after the initial boot of a game on the AK2 (takes like a second longer first time as has to generate the save) takes between 2-3 seconds to boot and most likely around the same for TTDS. As a user of the AK2 i would highly reccomend as there is nothing to differentiate that much from the TTDS as they are practically the same just different loaders. I think Acekard 2 has a nicer GUI and great customerization stuff which can be done with it.

It all comes down to price, if one is a couple of bucks cheaper go for that one, either or you won't be dissapointed
  3. juntok_abot

Member juntok_abot GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2008
    better go for acekard2, since there's still support from the team
    while dstt team already broke, support will be a little bit late

both of the card runs customized os (ysmenu)
    but dstt almost half the price of acekard2