Apple Want to upgrade to 4.3.2 and keep jailbreak

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is my FIRST TIME ever trying to do this! (my bro did my jailbreak for me last time)

I currently got a iPhone 3GS with firmware 4.1 and I heard I can go up to 4.3.2 and still keep jailbreak. Basically I already messed up all my contacts and image's and sms history's so i dont care about keeping anything unless jailbreak status.

can somebody point to me so I know where to start this process? Going to 4.3.2 (don't care about contacts/sms/photo's/videos/apps), just want the jailbroken status, and Cydia and [Redacted] with me...

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lolcat said:
You'll have to restore, then rejailbreak with redsn0w.

what do u mean by restore? and will re-jailbreaking automatically put me up to 4.3.2?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joktan said:
No.update in iTunes,download the 4.3.2 restore firmware and use redsnow.

so do I press yes when itunes ask's me for an update? will that give me a fresh iphone? or is that what restore is?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok guys, I would like to confirm this.

If I update/restore my iphone 3GSS to 4.3.2, can jailbreak with redsn0w? and keep my jailbreak status as I had before on firmware 4.1?

D

Deleted User

haddad said:
huh? ur guide says I should not update to 4.3.2, and everyone else here said I should... omg i am confused now..
QUOTEMake sure not to update to iOS 4.3.2 if you need an unlock
I suppose you're referring to this? This only affects an unlock, which let's you use any sim card regardless of a locked down (to one carrier/provider) iphone. As long as you don't want to do that you should be fine.

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iFish said:
>Update with iTunes
>Download IPSW for iOS 4.3.2
>Run redsn0w
>Follow steps.
>Jailbreak.
>????
>PROFIT.

+1! ur amazing
tongue.gif

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yo, before I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS on 4.3.2, I had Personal Hotspot, its not there anymore why?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
yo, before I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS on 4.3.2, I had Personal Hotspot, its not there anymore why?
If it's a Cydia app you're talking about, then you'll need to redownload it through Cydia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1