Want to update to 7.0.1 from 5.1

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Brunz514, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Brunz514
    OP

Brunz514 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Canada
    I am about to update my switch from 5.1 to 7.0.1. Im currently running the lattest sx os with emunand and system nand on 5.1. Should I do both nands or will just the emunand be enough? If I can do just the emunand, is sx os emunand on the internal storage supported by choixdejour? Thanks

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You want to keep your sysnand as low as possible, and update only you emunand, you can either use the hidden partition or file on sd method.

3. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    EmuNAND will be enough and you can update it via choidujournx. But depends on what you want. For safe online, you still need to update your SysNAND to 8.0.0

4. Brunz514
    OP

Brunz514 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Canada
    Excellent thanks for the help. I have never gone online except for the day I got my switch to update to 5.1 from 4.x . Don't plan on ever going online again lol

5. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Which EmuNand option are you currently using?

6. Brunz514
    OP

Brunz514 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Canada
    Hidden partition

7. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Then you'll be fine, just repeating what others have already said, no need to update you SysNand, updating EmuNand to 7.0.1 will be fine, EmuNand on 8.0.0 doesn't boot, I've already tried :) Next SX OS update should hopefully fix this.
    No real benefit being on 8.0.0 on EmuNand but the ability to sort your installed NSP's is nice.

8. Brunz514
    OP

Brunz514 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Canada
    So i just updated no problem. But my nsps are no longer working. Edit: forgot to rename my nintendo to emutendo lol. Everything working great thanks people.

Last edited by Brunz514, Apr 21, 2019