Homebrew Want to transfer to new N3DSXL but don't want to update to 11.4...

tjsynkral

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some advice. My problem is a bit too complex (and new, because of 11.4) to find the answer on my own.

I have a charcoal gray N3DSXL that has given me lots of great gameplay but is a bit beat up and now my R button is about 75% malfunctioning. I have been meaning to buy a replacement, originally wanted a Lime one but those have apparently been discontinued so I may settle for a Galaxy or something else. Anyway, 3DS has been sold out everywhere since before Christmas and only just now are starting to show up in stores again, but now 11.4 is out. (For anyone who's wondering I do intend to try and repair the old one and sell it, and/or use it as my softmod guinea pig.)

I want to transfer my StreetPass progress, save games, purchases, etc. to the replacement N3DSXL, and I would like to be able to continue to make eShop purchases. But, I cringe to upgrade past a point where future root-level softmodding will never be obtainable (I guess nobody knows yet if 11.4 will get fully hacked). My current N3DSXL is at 11.3 and I think any N3DS I find in a store today would have the same version. I've never tried 3DS homebrew before now (no installing retail games to SD or other killer app that I'm aware of) so this isn't something that affects me greatly.

Should I just upgrade and hope it gets hacked in the future, or is there some way to work around the need to upgrade to transfer to a new N3DS?

D

Deleted User

I had the same problem. Bought a N3DS, I wanna transfer O3DS to N3DS but cant because N3DS was on 11.1 and O3DS on 11.3. Just make sure both have A9LH installed and update to 11.4. Its safe to update. NTR & homebrew have been fixed. What more is there you want?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome