nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

i'm new with homebrew and all stuff about this. My friend helped me to install Homebrew on my old 3dsXL, using A9HL , sysnand , fasthax safehax etc.
i wanted to know how to do for to transfer all from my SDcard 16gigo to my new SDcard 64 gigo.
i was thinking if i could copy and paste all fromp the SD1 to the SD2 without do anything?
i was reading much topic that i must DL a software for can be able to format my 64gigo to FAT32 because the other format is ExFat and it wont work.
Can you please, give me a little hand for this? i'm affraid to make something wrong and break my 3ds.
I also saw a topic with proflayton123 give an answer "If you're using sysnand and stuff just copy and paste the sd content, back it up and move onto bigger one".
If that the thing to follow, can someone say me what mean to back it up?
https://gbatemp.net/members/proflayton123.379962/
Thanks for readinghttps://gbatemp.net/members/proflayton123.379962/

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you fror the fast reply! i wasn't prepare for have a fast answer ^_^

It doesn't seems be pretty hard, that good to see it !
but i have another little question, it's about your link that you sent me.

6-When it’s done, that’s it! Your card should now be readable by your 3DS. Go ahead – turn your 3DS off, swap your old card for the new one, and check. You may be told your 3DS is initialising the card – that’s fine. If the Data Management – 3DS Software section shows an obscene number of free blocks, you’re sorted.

I was thinking it could be dangerious to turn on the 3ds without the right card, or without any SD card, isn' it dangerious?
that made me affraid to corrupt or to do something wrong that could result to break the console.

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you fror the fast reply! i wasn't prepare for have a fast answer ^_^

It doesn't seems be pretty hard, that good to see it !
but i have another little question, it's about your link that you sent me.

6-When it’s done, that’s it! Your card should now be readable by your 3DS. Go ahead – turn your 3DS off, swap your old card for the new one, and check. You may be told your 3DS is initialising the card – that’s fine. If the Data Management – 3DS Software section shows an obscene number of free blocks, you’re sorted.

I was thinking it could be dangerious to turn on the 3ds without the right card, or without any SD card, isn' it dangerious?
that made me affraid to corrupt or to do something wrong that could result to break the console.

No using the 3ds with the new SD Card is just fine if you have set it to boot without the SD Card it will boot just fine and if you have not it will just power it off straight away anyway so its all fine.

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That good to know, it's a relieve ^^ !

''Inside that folder will be two folders with long random names. One of these is the folder tied to your old card, the other is the one tied to your new card. Simply copy the contents (not the folder itself) of the old one (it’ll be the one with the larger filesize) into the other one – merging and overwriting again if necessary. *NOTE! Once you’ve confirmed everything is working, you can delete the old folder to make some space.''

i opened my Old SD card ( i dont have yet my new 64gigo, i waited to see if it was possible to transfer everything etc, so all i show here it's from the only SDcard i got,; i did nothing atm, just reading all step) for to find the nintendo folder and see the huge random number folder. i didnt expected to got 2 folders.

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

i got 2 folder with a huge number, i don't know which one i will have to copy to the new SDcard because seems one of them is a old folder from the 4gigo SDcard.

Last edited by nastina,

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
That good to know, it's a relieve ^^ !

''Inside that folder will be two folders with long random names. One of these is the folder tied to your old card, the other is the one tied to your new card. Simply copy the contents (not the folder itself) of the old one (it’ll be the one with the larger filesize) into the other one – merging and overwriting again if necessary. *NOTE! Once you’ve confirmed everything is working, you can delete the old folder to make some space.''

i opened my Old SD card ( i dont have yet my new 64gigo, i waited to see if it was possible to transfer everything etc, so all i show here it's from the only SDcard i got,; i did nothing atm, just reading all step) for to find the nintendo folder and see the huge random number folder. i didnt expected to got 2 folders.

viewer.php
[/URL][/IMG]

i got 2 folder with a huge number, i don't know which one i will have to copy to the new SDcard because seems one of them is a old folder from the 4gigo SDcard.

Copy the latest one the one that was last edited in 2015 or you can copy both it does not matter

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the old one is 6gigo ; i dont know why it's so heavy.
and the "new" one is only 2.8gigo.
I downloaded 2 games with freeshop but i dont think it can count as 6 gigo.

i noticed my 16gigo got almost 6-7gigo from something, i was thinking it was the luma + A9HL + homebrew etc, but it seems be not, right?

do you think i can delete the old folder for make some space before to got my new 64gigo?

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
the old one is 6gigo ; i dont know why it's so heavy.
and the "new" one is only 2.8gigo.
I downloaded 2 games with freeshop but i dont think it can count as 6 gigo.

i noticed my 16gigo got almost 6-7gigo from something, i was thinking it was the luma + A9HL + homebrew etc, but it seems be not, right?

do you think i can delete the old folder for make some space before to got my new 64gigo?

Yeah deleting the old folder will be fine it looks like the 3DS is not using it anyway

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
:bow: thank you for your time AecdArmy, you helped me very much.

i'm gonna save all on my computer for prepare everything when i can have my 64gigo + gonna delete from my SDcard the old folder ( if something wrong i can still copy back from the PC).
And now i gonna open another topic, need little help about creating Theme using Yata+ :rofl:!

Thank you again!

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
:bow: thank you for your time AecdArmy, you helped me very much.

i'm gonna save all on my computer for prepare everything when i can have my 64gigo + gonna delete from my SDcard the old folder ( if something wrong i can still copy back from the PC).
And now i gonna open another topic, need little help about creating Theme using Yata+ :rofl:!

Thank you again!

No problem glad to help people anytime you need help just ask!

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems i can only open a topic each 24hours, then i decided to PM someone for help but i dont find anything for PM. Then i google for know how to PM and i have to post 10 comments? thing is i don't wanna spam other topic for nothing, there is another way for PM someone?

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Seems i can only open a topic each 24hours, then i decided to PM someone for help but i dont find anything for PM. Then i google for know how to PM and i have to post 10 comments? thing is i don't wanna spam other topic for nothing, there is another way for PM someone?

You can get that person to PM you

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought for now a 32 gigo seems was been enought but i got a problem with the ''While it’s doing that, put your new card in your 3DS and turn the 3DS on. It’ll initialise the card for you.''
when i turn on the 3ds it suddently shut down, i dont know why.
Any help please? :)

nastina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well i tried just to paste all files from the old SD to the new and now it switch on.
I was looking if the SD count as a 32gigo; because i saw some have a issue with that, that they got a 64gigo but the SD count as a 16gigo, and i see i got 177k block left ( with all my other games etc inside) .
So it seems be more easy that i thought :)

sio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I was worried that my Animal Crossing New Leaf save data wouldn't work on a new SD card I'm trying this at the moment....

I used fat32format.exe to format the new SD card and then I'm trying this method:

In that case, you should use a Windows app called ImageUSB. It can make a 1:1 backup image of your SD card. I've just tested it with my 2DS, and it works. You just have to extend the partition afterwards, which Gparted can do.

It's also the only USB backup solution that also grabs the MBR of the USB/SD too, making it easy to clone bootable USB sticks. That's how I know it's a 1:1 backup, if it can grab the MBR data with it.

I'll try and post back if it works.

EDIT: The transfer worked but took a long time using ImageUSB and Gparted LIVE. I can now use my 64 Gb SD card on my 3DS XL and keep my Animal Crossing save data :D

Last edited by sio,
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Because I was worried that my Animal Crossing New Leaf save data wouldn't work on a new SD card I'm trying this at the moment....

I used fat32format.exe to format the new SD card and then I'm trying this method:

I'll try and post back if it works.

EDIT: The transfer worked but took a long time using ImageUSB and Gparted LIVE. I can now use my 64 Gb SD card on my 3DS XL and keep my Animal Crossing save data :D
Glad it worked out for you. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1