Homebrew Want to stream on New 3DS XL

Charles_HCL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am a user of A9LH/Luma since the 11.3 hack came out, and recently updated to B9S.
But I read a post saying that I can stream to Twitch WITHOUT a capture card with NTR CFW.

So I'm here asking if I can install B9S/Luma and install NTR along side B9S just for the streaming functionality.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a user of A9LH/Luma since the 11.3 hack came out, and recently updated to B9S.
But I read a post saying that I can stream to Twitch WITHOUT a capture card with NTR CFW.

So I'm here asking if I can install B9S/Luma and install NTR along side B9S just for the streaming functionality.

You can follow this thread. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...without-a-capture-card-ntr-cfw-method.423445/

I recently used this, https://github.com/gameincanada/kit-kat-slim/releases/tag/2.0.1 and got an amazingly consistent FPS on it and was able to record certain pokemon battles. Streaming, I bet it's fine with that + OBS.

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

NTR CFW is compatible with other CFWs, so you are able to use NTR...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Yes, but you need a good router and a good wifi card on your PC (unless you use LAN) for decent FPS.
And keep in mind it will not look smooth on both screens at the same time. If the secondary screen isn't important, might as well disable it because it will be choppy. You can change the settings to prioritize both screens equally but then you will have kinda low FPS on both screens.
You can get 30-35 FPS (or even more depending on game, for example in basic 2D games you can get 60FPS) shared between both screens in the viewer. Say you prioritize it so one screen has 30 FPS and the other has 5 FPS, the secondary screen will look pretty choppy but still usable. But if you disable it in the viewer you can get 5 extra FPS for the primary screen and you won't have that choppy secondary screen in the stream.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, ntr cfw isn't actually a cfw. When the CIA is launched, it runs alongside luma cfw or your cfw of choice. I would recommend using it with luma's built in input redirection so you can control the 3ds with a controller while streaming. It makes long sessions easier. Also, b9s isn't a cfw, but rather an exploit used to launch luma cfw or any other cfw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended