Want to setup Cfw for a friend, problems with Browserhax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by leon234, Jun 9, 2016.

1. leon234
    OP

leon234 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello guys,

well i want to set up a Nintendo 3ds XL (eu) for a friend of mine. I myself have a new 3ds XL (eu) running with the gateway 3ds on emunand and a normal 3ds (eu) running on rxtools.
    In principle i know the steps i have to go.
    I updated the system from 7.x to 9.2 with gardening mama and set the emunand up with gateway. Now i wanted access to the emunand trough menuhax, which meant i need to install it through browserhax. Right now it just does not work. I think this device has an too old version of browser (1.7498) to work with the 9.2 firmware.

I already tried every known "trick" to use, with click always right/left, erase date before doing it and i tried for the last two hours.

Hope you can give me some hints how i could get this to work. :D

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Install the HBL CIA then setup homemenuhax

3. leon234
    OP

leon234 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yeah but installing a .cia is limited to emunand (or is it not?). And even, if it would be possible, then the two NAND´s would be unlinked.

4. PBallWiz

PBallWiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I had a similar thing happen to me when I updated to from 4.x to 9.2 with a cart.
    You need to update your browser with the proper cia from the full 9.2 update pack.
    You will just need to be able to find an entrypoint. I used Ninjhax with CN.

5. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Perhaps you could try booting RxTools through the web browser or perhaps install a 9.x ROP explot to DS Profile via web browser.

Once you get in RxTools, try DevMode->Profi200's SysUpdater to a clean 9.2 pack. Most of this is covered here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

EDIT: Ninja'd

6. leon234
    OP

leon234 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Ok got it to work!

A little bit weird, but got it to work.
    The thing is at the point of setting up emunand with gateway both NAND´s are linked.
    When installing HBL Launcher in Emunand and then installing with this Menuhax it installs it also in Sysnand, as they are linked.
    Through this way i could install after this rxtools.

Thanks guys and girls for your help :D

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted