Want to sell one of my hacked 3DSes on ebay. Should I factory reset, unhack, or just sell as is?

Switchgamer123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get rid of one of my hacked 3DSes. It's the old model that I don't need anymore. I heard that ebay takes down hacked 3DS listings so I kind of want to either "unhack" it (uninstall Luma) and sell it like its a normal system. But i'm wondering if I should factory reset instead? Or should I just sell it hacked be careful with the wording of the ebay listing (not to include words like "CFW" or "hacked")

Reactions: assassinz

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if the listing will simply be removed if hinting that it's hacked, but you shouldn't get in trouble unless it contains pirated games.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get rid of one of my hacked 3DSes. It's the old model that I don't need anymore. I heard that ebay takes down hacked 3DS listings so I kind of want to either "unhack" it (uninstall Luma) and sell it like its a normal system. But i'm wondering if I should factory reset instead? Or should I just sell it hacked be careful with the wording of the ebay listing (not to include words like "CFW" or "hacked")
Just sell it as is. I've seen hacked systems sell that described the systems as having homebrew.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen some listings where the seller just takes lots of pictures of the homebrew launcher, a homescreen full of games, the Luma program and the settings page that shows the SYS firmware while the description page avoids mentioning anything "custom firmware" and "hacked" and just says, "message for more details".

Reactions: binkinator

PrincessLisette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would factory reset it and sell it on there as is. Hacking consoles especially nowadays is extremely easy to do and it would guarantee eBay won't take your listing down.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sold a few with pirated games it went fine, but do take note that Ninendo do go after these listing, the worse would be if you list it and it get sold then the listing get remove and the buyer request a refund after you shipping since there is no listing for it.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs