Hacking want to sell my wii but first want to format it

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm going to sell my wii, but i first want to format it, so delete all the savegames, channels, and softmods/IOS. how can i do that?
and is it dangerous?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.. ok. Load any title deleter or whatever else lets you remove things, and delete any IOS number that is above 200. Then go to your system menu and run the update (nintendo's official update... you need a wireless connection) then format the Wii through the system menu, then get into the shop channel and remove your shop chanel account. That's about all you can do. If you have used cioscorp or darkcorp at all, you probably have to install older and/or unpatched IOS versions before running the official update.

That's probably as close as you can get without risking bricking your Wii.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My god no! Don't do that! Don't delete IOS wantonly even if you are selling it!

Simply delete any homebrew channels, update to 4.3 (if you're on anything lower, this will remove (pre)priiloader, and then do a wii format to delete your saves.

Will their be traces left over? Yes... but unless you have a nand backup from before you hacked your wii at all (which you don't since you have to hack your wii to make a nand backup
tongue.gif
) there will always be traces left. It's better to instead just remove all of the visible traces and make it so if the next person wants to hack their wii, what you did won't break it.

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
My god no! Don't do that! Don't delete IOS wantonly even if you are selling it!

Simply delete any homebrew channels, update to 4.3 (if you're on anything lower, this will remove (pre)priiloader, and then do a wii format to delete your saves.

Will their be traces left over? Yes... but unless you have a nand backup from before you hacked your wii at all (which you don't since you have to hack your wii to make a nand backup
tongue.gif
) there will always be traces left. It's better to instead just remove all of the visible traces and make it so if the next person wants to hack their wii, what you did won't break it.

okay so i can just delete the hbc via the channel management? i'm on 3.2E, if i'll update to the latest (via the internet?) it will format my wii, deleting all my saves and it will remove priiloader and any other channels i have (USB loader GX, emulators, gecko, wiimc, ....)

QUOTE(linuxares @ Oct 28 2010, 03:20 PM) or sell it hacked?

Share the fun imo

Not taking that risk, + some auction sites won't allow hacked consoles

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just delete the homebrew channel then do a regular update (via either the internet or a newer game if you have one... if not you can skip this and the next person who buys it can do it. It will remove all the custom cIOS and other things left behind)

If you ever installed preloader or priiloader doing a wii format can cause a semi-brick (have to reinstall the system menu from preloader, not a huge deal but can be annoying) Updating will remove preloader if you have it, if not you don't need to even update before doing a wii format.

Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
koji2009 said:
Yes, just delete the homebrew channel then do a regular update (via either the internet or a newer game if you have one... if not you can skip this and the next person who buys it can do it. It will remove all the custom cIOS and other things left behind)

If you ever installed preloader or priiloader doing a wii format can cause a semi-brick (have to reinstall the system menu from preloader, not a huge deal but can be annoying) Updating will remove preloader if you have it, if not you don't need to even update before doing a wii format.

I got preloader I think, so is just regular updating via the shop channel or so good?

QUOTE(steam @ Oct 28 2010, 08:21 PM) isn't a wii worth more money softmodded?

maybe, but I'm not going to take the risk.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zalda said:
koji2009 said:

I got preloader I think, so is just regular updating via the shop channel or so good?

QUOTE(steam @ Oct 28 2010, 08:21 PM) isn't a wii worth more money softmodded?

maybe, but I'm not going to take the risk.

Taking what risk? Hacking a Wii is not in the least way illegal. Using a backup loader to play pirated games is.

A Wii is just a computer, you can run what ever software you want.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
It will remove all the custom cIOS and other things left behind)

umm... no it won't depending on what version cIOS is installed. A Nintendo update will not write over an IOS with a higher version number. You all need to know what you're talking about before answering. He was asking how to remove traces of being softmodded, and my very first post told him how, and it is the ONLY post that removes the MOST traces without bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2