Want to sell my Slim PS3, what can i delete without losing my DL games

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bonny, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Bonny
    OP

Member Bonny 34 years old and the leisure time of a kid

Germany
    Hi at all!

I'am currently selling my Slim PS3. Of course i want to "clean" the system for the new owner, but of course, i also want to sell my 4 Download-Games from the PSN Store with the console.

What is safe to delete? And how to do it?

:yayps3:

2. godreborn

Member godreborn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    reformat the hdd. multiman will delete ur history automatically, so that's really all u need to do. after u reformat, install the latest ofw and redownload the games u bought from the psn store. though, I'd advise selling the system modded. u'll get more for it. they're becoming so rare now that u should be able to get more than a new console is worth.

3. Bonny
    OP

Germany
    Sorry, but you missunderstand me. With "clean", i just mean removing any personal traces and data. The Console has the latest OFW on it. There was never any chance to mod this console, i bought it in may 2012.

I just want to know how to remove all my personal data, but to make sure, my PSN-purchases will work for the new owner.

4. godreborn

United States
    oh, I'm not sure about that. though, I'd imagine one of the recovery menu options wipes out all traces of information. I'm transferring data to my ps3 right now otherwise I'd boot into the recovery menu myself. someone should know more about the psn side of things more than myself as I've never even been on psn. my guess is that psn titles r tied to ur account or profile, so it may not work the way u want it to.

5. mario5555

mario5555 Newbie

You can't there HAS to be an associated account on the system for the games to work, so there would have to be an account you owned at some point on the system. Only thing you could do is have it on there and not give them the password for the main account (but it still would contain your email address) if they would try and logon to the PSN.

Sucks, but that's the way they set it up. There is no way I know of to delete every account and maintain the use of the games, I don't even think making a new master account would keep them available since they are tied to that main account and you would probably lose access to the games if only another account was added and then main one removed. You could look to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure that is the case. In any event good luck in whatever you do. ;-)

6. Bonny
    OP

Germany
    Thanks for all you're help!

Well... then the new owner can keep that account. Maybe i can remove my email-Address and add a Junk-Email-Adress to the main Account. And replace some personal data too. Anyway, i surely will remove the WPA2-Key.

I've never added CreditCard Details to the account. So, i guess, there will be not much information that will be useful for the new owner. ;)

7. godreborn

United States
    that's what I usually do when I sell or get rid of something. I'll wipe everything clean, but afterward I'll input bs, such as the router key, just in case somehow... u can't really be too careful with that.

8. Bonny
    OP

Germany
    :sleep: Yep. That's true. ^_^