Want to sell my o3DSXL. How to backup for a n3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MiePx3, Feb 5, 2016.

1. MiePx3
    OP

MiePx3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey,

I want to sell my old 3DS to buy one of those new 20th Pokemon Anniversary 3DSs.
    Right now im running emuNAND 10.5, some rxTools 3.0 nightly and sysNAND 9.2.
    How do I backup my save files to use them later on a new3DS? Ill just assume I can downgrade it. If not, ill wait until I can.
    Savegames for Pokemon or SSB3DS are saved on the card itself, right? I mainly care about my Mii Plaza savegame.

And how do I transfer my NNID to the new 3DS? How do I delete it from the o3DS?

Thanks!

2. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    You can transfer your NAND through an official system transfer: Your systems must both be on the latest firmware, but you can do it through EmuNAND.

Make sure all your saves exist on your O3DS EmuNAND. If some stuff is on SysNAND, back it up with SaveDataFiler and use braindump to dump the games you think you'll have a difficult time finding online. In EmuNAND, use the official system transfer but make sure you in EmuNAND on both DSes.

I'm not sure if CFW differences matter, but I do know Cakes runs latest firm on both O3DS and N3DS.

3. MiePx3
    OP

MiePx3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    How does the system transfer work?
    I need to sell my o3DS to buy a n3DS. So I wont be able to have them both at the same time.