Hacking Want To Reset My Bricked Wii :/

HelpMiiiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to factory reset/fix my bricked Wii. When turned on, the health and safety screen loads. After this, I get the message "System files are corrupted". Maintenance mode doesnt work so I can't reset it with that. Bootmii is installed but I didn't make any backups (I installed it after the brick) so I can't restore it that way either. I have Priiloader installed too but don't really know what Im doing. All help is appreciated.

EDIT: I also have HBC installed.

Last edited by HelpMiiiii,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I would like to factory reset/fix my bricked Wii. When turned on, the health and safety screen loads. After this, I get the message "System files are corrupted". Maintenance mode doesnt work so I can't reset it with that. Bootmii is installed but I didn't make any backups (I installed it after the brick) so I can't restore it that way either. I have Priiloader installed too but don't really know what Im doing. All help is appreciated.

Hello.:)

Can you get into Homebrew Channel ? (you can load it from inside the PRIILOADER Menu/access Priiloader with HOLDING RESET on your Wii and power it on/navigate with your synced Wi Motion controller or a Gamecube Controller).

P1320360.JPG

What happens when you get into Recovery mode ? Which Error Message did you get ?

Did you "remember" on what System Version your Wii is ?
You maybe have a "LAST" chance when it is lower than 4.3 you can get into Recovery Mode with Priiloader and use a LATE RELEASED Wii original Game which updates your Wii to 4.3.
But this one is the latest solution I would use.:)

Thank you.:)

HelpMiiiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.:)

Can you get into Homebrew Channel ? (you can load it from inside the PRIILOADER Menu/access Priiloader with HOLDING RESET on your Wii and power it on/navigate with your synced Wi Motion controller or a Gamecube Controller).

View attachment 177272

What happens when you get into Recovery mode ? Which Error Message did you get ?

Did you "remember" on what System Version your Wii is ?
You maybe have a "LAST" chance when it is lower than 4.3 you can get into Recovery Mode with Priiloader and use a LATE RELEASED Wii original Game which updates your Wii to 4.3.
But this one is the latest solution I would use.:)

I can get into the homebrew channel. When you say recovery mode, do you mean maintenance mode where you hold + and - and press A because that doesn't work for me. If it's something on Priiloader, I don't know how to use it.
The wii version is 4.1 and its a European one.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

with Priiloader installed you should be able to use a gamecube controller in port 1 i thought, ore use reset button and power button to work through the menu (wiimote or any wireless devices will not work in priiloader).
you should be able to install wads either directly through priiloader or wadinstaller.
download a complete set of iosses in wad, your original region system menu 4.3 in wad, bc wad.. install those and reboot normal.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I can get into the homebrew channel. When you say recovery mode, do you mean maintenance mode where you hold + and - and press A because that doesn't work for me. If it's something on Priiloader, I don't know how to use it.

Lucky you can still have access to Hombrew Channel and the Apps,you may have several options now:

- you have previously maybe a "bad" channel or WAD File installed,if you can remember,what or which,you can uninstall it with a WAD manager like Multi Mod Manager or WiiMod lite
- you can use AnyTitle Deleter (please use it with CAUTION by deleting a wrong or too much Channels you can make things worse)
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter
- you can if you REALLY know what you are doing,you can use DOP-Mii for DIRECT Channel and IOS loading/Installing.
https://code.google.com/archive/p/dop-mii/

More "radical" solutions:

- you can use ModMii to update all your Softmod including System Files.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

- you can go into PRIILOADER under "System Menu hacks" and choose "Force Standard Recovery Mode" and use one of Wii LATEST RELEASED ORIGINAL Games to update your Wii to 4.3E (I would NOT really recommend this option as FIRST CHOICE !!)

- you can WAIT for other options and solutions from our Wii Profis here.:yay:

Last edited by Alexander1970,

HelpMiiiii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with Priiloader installed you should be able to use a gamecube controller in port 1 i thought, ore use reset button and power button to work through the menu (wiimote or any wireless devices will not work in priiloader).
you should be able to install wads either directly through priiloader or wadinstaller.
download a complete set of iosses in wad, your original region system menu 4.3 in wad, bc wad.. install those and reboot normal.
Would I be able to get the files I need with NUS downloader? How do I install them?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would I be able to get the files I need with NUS downloader? How do I install them?
download your files any way you can, it's been years ago since i touched a wii...
i don't know if you can get those files through nus downloader, but you can download then pretty sure.
put them on a SD-card with a card reader.
the ioses are not regional (don't force install cios with a corrupted system), this also applies to BC...
system menu is regional protected.
cios can be installed later following modmii's procedure...
if you tried all yourself first, you could ask the writer of modmii's post for help... he is to me the most experinced person still around here, closely followed by the creator of usb-loader GX.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Do you remember what the last thing was that you did before bricking? Sounds like this is a banner brick from installing a bad channel, or a theme brick from installing a bad theme. To solve the former you just need to delete the bad channel by either uninstalling the wad or using any title deleter as previously mentioned (be careful, uninstall the wrong thing and you could make things worse). And if it's a theme brick, you can reinstall the original theme .app, or reinstall the entire system menu (if u do the latter you will also need to reinstall priiloader)

Last edited by XFlak,

Adyfilimon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi!
Today i try to install a new theme on my wii. When i execute the comand in homebrew, my tv screen he begin to be black.
I try to restart, a unpluged all the wire, i try to reconect.. nothing.
Then i try do put on sd card al most the file from totorials from internet... but.. nothing.
The most lincks from internet with file to solve the problem was removed from source file.

Can halpe-me with something?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I replied in the other thread where you ask the same thing... please keep the conversation in one thread...

If you don't have bootmii ALREADY installed AS BOOT2 or priiloader (again already installed) you're probably out if luck.

To check if you have priiloader installed hold reset as the wii is first powering up. If it's installed then the priiloader menu will load. To check u if you have bootmii installed as boot2 download and save the bootmii folder from the link below to a properly formatted and compatible SD card.

(can't find the link right now but it's available in one of ModMii classic's download pages)

Reactions: Alexander1970

BillyTheCoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replied in the other thread where you ask the same thing... please keep the conversation in one thread...
Hi!
Today i try to install a new theme on my wii. When i execute the comand in homebrew, my tv screen he begin to be black.
I try to restart, a unpluged all the wire, i try to reconect.. nothing.
Then i try do put on sd card al most the file from totorials from internet... but.. nothing.
The most lincks from internet with file to solve the problem was removed from source file.

Can halpe-me with something?
If you have ANY way to get into HBC, you have a chance. I’d recommend researching on the website WiiBrew. Once you get into HBC, get the channel AnyTitleDeleter. Delete the new theme. Now your Wii is fixed!

If yow can’t get into HBC or don’t have AnyTitleDeleter, you’ll have to talk to someone else.

P.S. I’d listen to me as a last resor, I have no actual experience this is all research and guessing based on what you said. After all I’m (Like I’m gonna give you my personal information

BillyTheCoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use WiiBrew to figure out how to use Priiloader, get onto HBC, get AnyTitleDeleter, and delete the last thing you installed (Themes count). Then your Wii is fixed!

• Sad
Reactions: ChibiMofo

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
No you have that mixed up. The Wiimote WILL work in Priiloader, but NOT BootMii

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use WiiBrew to figure out how to use Priiloader, get onto HBC, get AnyTitleDeleter, and delete the last thing you installed (Themes count). Then your Wii is fixed!
You can't reverse a custom theme with any title delete though. For that you would use mymenuify mod to install the original .app file for the specific firmware version installed. But yeah, be careful with tools like any title deleter, delete the wrong thing and you can easily fully brick.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

BillyTheCoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get into HBC, then you need to download AnyTitleDeleter and delete the last thing you installed (Themes count). To get into HBC, use Priiloader by holding the RESET button while turning on your wii. You should see the Priiloader menu. Click Homebrew Channel and follow the advice above.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!