Want To Reset My Bricked Wii :/

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HelpMiiiii, Aug 24, 2019.

1. HelpMiiiii
    OP

HelpMiiiii Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I would like to factory reset/fix my bricked Wii. When turned on, the health and safety screen loads. After this, I get the message "System files are corrupted". Maintenance mode doesnt work so I can't reset it with that. Bootmii is installed but I didn't make any backups (I installed it after the brick) so I can't restore it that way either. I have Priiloader installed too but don't really know what Im doing. All help is appreciated.

EDIT: I also have HBC installed.

Last edited by HelpMiiiii, Aug 24, 2019
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Can you get into Homebrew Channel ? (you can load it from inside the PRIILOADER Menu/access Priiloader with HOLDING RESET on your Wii and power it on/navigate with your synced Wi Motion controller or a Gamecube Controller).

P1320360.JPG

What happens when you get into Recovery mode ? Which Error Message did you get ?

Did you "remember" on what System Version your Wii is ?
    You maybe have a "LAST" chance when it is lower than 4.3 you can get into Recovery Mode with Priiloader and use a LATE RELEASED Wii original Game which updates your Wii to 4.3.
    But this one is the latest solution I would use.:)

Thank you.:)

3. HelpMiiiii
    OP

HelpMiiiii Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I can get into the homebrew channel. When you say recovery mode, do you mean maintenance mode where you hold + and - and press A because that doesn't work for me. If it's something on Priiloader, I don't know how to use it.
    The wii version is 4.1 and its a European one.

4. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    with Priiloader installed you should be able to use a gamecube controller in port 1 i thought, ore use reset button and power button to work through the menu (wiimote or any wireless devices will not work in priiloader).
    you should be able to install wads either directly through priiloader or wadinstaller.
    download a complete set of iosses in wad, your original region system menu 4.3 in wad, bc wad.. install those and reboot normal.

Last edited by JaapDaniels, Aug 24, 2019
  5. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you.:)

Lucky you can still have access to Hombrew Channel and the Apps,you may have several options now:

- you have previously maybe a "bad" channel or WAD File installed,if you can remember,what or which,you can uninstall it with a WAD manager like Multi Mod Manager or WiiMod lite
    - you can use AnyTitle Deleter (please use it with CAUTION by deleting a wrong or too much Channels you can make things worse)
    https://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter
    - you can if you REALLY know what you are doing,you can use DOP-Mii for DIRECT Channel and IOS loading/Installing.
    https://code.google.com/archive/p/dop-mii/

More "radical" solutions:

- you can use ModMii to update all your Softmod including System Files.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

- you can go into PRIILOADER under "System Menu hacks" and choose "Force Standard Recovery Mode" and use one of Wii LATEST RELEASED ORIGINAL Games to update your Wii to 4.3E (I would NOT really recommend this option as FIRST CHOICE !!)

- you can WAIT for other options and solutions from our Wii Profis here.:yay:

Last edited by alexander1970, Aug 24, 2019
  6. HelpMiiiii
    OP

HelpMiiiii Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Would I be able to get the files I need with NUS downloader? How do I install them?

7. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2012
    Netherlands
    download your files any way you can, it's been years ago since i touched a wii...
    i don't know if you can get those files through nus downloader, but you can download then pretty sure.
    put them on a SD-card with a card reader.
    the ioses are not regional (don't force install cios with a corrupted system), this also applies to BC...
    system menu is regional protected.
    cios can be installed later following modmii's procedure...
    if you tried all yourself first, you could ask the writer of modmii's post for help... he is to me the most experinced person still around here, closely followed by the creator of usb-loader GX.

8. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Do you remember what the last thing was that you did before bricking? Sounds like this is a banner brick from installing a bad channel, or a theme brick from installing a bad theme. To solve the former you just need to delete the bad channel by either uninstalling the wad or using any title deleter as previously mentioned (be careful, uninstall the wrong thing and you could make things worse). And if it's a theme brick, you can reinstall the original theme .app, or reinstall the entire system menu (if u do the latter you will also need to reinstall priiloader)

Last edited by XFlak, Aug 24, 2019
    zfreeman and alexander1970 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted