Want to replace the Circle pad on my New 3ds standard model

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BossRoss93, Apr 15, 2016.

1. BossRoss93
    OP

BossRoss93 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    I have the back of the console off, except the SD card slot. It is attached to the board, and I cannot easily remove the back. Has anyone had experience in taking apart a new 3ds? I wanna be as careful as possible with it cause I just downgraded to 9.2 from 10.7. Be a shame if I screwed it up on the hardware side :P

2. Cpt. Iglu

Cpt. Iglu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    The SD card slot is screwed into the back with three screws (which you probably already noticed)
    After the screws are loose, bring up the side opposite the slot slightly and pull back slightly, so a little plastic nose jumps up.
    After that it is only connected to the board with a connector that you must gently pry up with a piece of plstic.
    Don't rip on the card slot or it might damage the flex cable.

Then when you remove the back of the 3DS, there are 3 more of these connectors. I always access two from the top where the power connector is and one on the bottom (thats the power button cable).
    Also don't rip on the back, gently hold it up and disconnect the three connectors carefully with a piece of plastic.

After that the back is off and you can acces the mainboard and circle pad board etc. If something is unclear here just ask!

3. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Last edited by a9lh-1user, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Cpt. Iglu

Cpt. Iglu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I thought about posting that too, but they don't have a teardown of the normal NEW 3DS, only the NEW 3DS XL..althought that might be practically identical, not sure..