Want to remove Youtube videos from subscriptions

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Satangel, May 30, 2014.

1. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    For some reason, probably an update from Youtube, you can't remove single videos anymore on your subscriptions.
    I used this feature a ton, and I really really want it back. I've searched for scripts via Greasemonkey, but haven't had any luck.
    Some help would be really appreciated, because I absolutely HATE my subscription box atm, it's so cluttered, not even funny.

2. Bradleya115

Bradleya115 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2014
    Torquay
    I got the same problem too and it really annoying....stupid YouTube >:(

Satangel likes this.
  3. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Remove single videos from subscriptions? I never knew that kind of feature.

Youtube Center has been most updated and working thing but even it seems to be one step behind googles changes to youtube. It has feature to remove watched videos already, maybe you could suggest adding that feature as well?
    https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I didn't even know it was an option in the first place.

5. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    It's not working atm, Youtube Center. I have that Userscript, and it's not hiding watched videos.
    I hope they fix it, or add the remove single video. It's really annoying me to the point I don't use YT anymore.

6. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Userscipt is outdated and doesn't have all features. There's limit how much you can do with simple javascript compared to addon. I'm using dev build where many HTML5 features has been fixed and HTML5 videos quality is just plain better.
    https://github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter/wiki/Developer-Version

Stopping using youtube alltogether because of one missing feature? #FirstWorldProblems
    It would be nice if there were youtube alternative so they would have competition and keep their shit together more.

7. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Yup, #FirstWorldProblems indeed. But it's the truth, I HATE cluttered stuff like that, or having to watch all videos instead of just deleting some useless vids.
    Installed the add-on now, it's better, but not yet ideal. I can remove watched videos now, but it was still better before the update. Youtube whyyyyyyy :'(

Honestly, I don't get why YT changed it in the first place. It really has ruined my experience on YT and I'm spending way less time on the site since that change.
    I'm not alone in this view , hopefully they listen.

8. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Well, it's back! The 3 dots are back, which enable you to remove single videos again.

Now I can finally get rid of all these Pentakill songs from League of Legends, I don't give a shit about that kind of music, don't want to waste anything on them.