PS1/2 Want to play Japanese games on US Ps2

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused about the other accessories I may need. I have a PS2 slim, I'm not sure the version of it, but it says SCPH - 75001 on it. On some of the sites that sell Swap Magic, it mentions that you need either a Slide Card or a Slim Flip Top Cover. Do I need either of these if I have the slim Ps2, which is already top-loading?

How good is Swap Magic, will it work with Japanese Naruto games? The only reason I am doing this is because my son's obsession with Naruto, so I want to make sure they work with it... As you can tell, I am very new to this, so please if you could help I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks
smile.gif

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you need to block the three lead sensors.
And yeah, I am confused about the flip top aswell, because Ps2 slimline has already...(maybe you need the fliptop)
I think you only need to block the lead sensors and ready to go with swap magic. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Slide Card is for the PS2 phat in order to slide the tray out manually. The Slim Flip Top Cover is replacing the case that you have with a custom made one so that you lift the case without pressing the open button making the PS2 think that you've never opened it.

There are also tools for the Slim PS2 which requires you to stick 2-3 pieces into your slim ps2 in order to block those sensors if you don't want to replace the case. Basically it's giving you a variety of options on how you want to use Swap Magic.

solange82200

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, now I see the purpose of the fliptop. I dont know how else to block the lead scensors, I dont even know what they are, so I guess I'll just buy Swap Magic and the Flip Top.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys, now I see the purpose of the fliptop. I dont know how else to block the lead scensors, I dont even know what they are, so I guess I'll just buy Swap Magic and the Flip Top.

http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_Feature.htm

Look up the Magic Switch Pro, these are the stuff that'll block the lead sensors allowing you to open up the cover manually. Should be youtube vids of it too, so check it out, if I'm not mistakened, it's the easier route for the Slimline PS2 (though I don't know for sure since I don't use the slim PS2)

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's pretty much it.

You either want to go for a fliptop cover or you can purchase those small tools and stick them into the slim PS2. Choice is pretty much yours.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for clearing it up mate.
Well I saw so many videos on youtube and read so much infos, but it wasnt clear if you need one or the other.
No need to buy any tools actually, you can put some tissue to block the leads or strong paper, saw those videos on youtube:LOL:

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
So that means you dont need any fliptop for PS2 slimline?
So all you need to do is blocking the lead sensors?

With a slimeline, all you need is Magic Keys.

Magic Keys are made to safely and perfectly block all 3 senors of a PS2 slimeline, once you have blocked them all, then you will need Swap Magic.
But as far as I understand you dont neet to buy magic keys. You can just block the leads your way, right?

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that means you dont need any fliptop for PS2 slimline?
So all you need to do is blocking the lead sensors?

With a slimeline, all you need is Magic Keys.

Magic Keys are made to safely and perfectly block all 3 senors of a PS2 slimeline, once you have blocked them all, then you will need Swap Magic.
But as far as I understand you dont neet to buy magic keys. You can just block the leads your way, right?

That was actually my method, and only should be done if you know what you are doing specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr