Hacking Want to mod my Japanese Wii

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible using the regular ntsc chips? Is there a guide pertaining the japanese wiis? Reading japanese isnt a problem really so i dont need instructions just need to know if I can do some chips or what version of wii, etc. Thanks~

homebro2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own japanese wii, it is d2c version. I purchased d2ckey from techsick and it works perfectly. Just make sure when you buy the chip, you are telling them to do the region override to japanese version. Then just install it and works fine. By the way, i got it on wii clip.

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, How can I find what version mine is? Its pretty new like 6 months or so
frown.gif

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Great replies
smile.gif
I also am a GC2-D2C (v1) . Any recommendations on what chip I should get for ease and best compatibility? I am not good with soldering so I definitely would like the non solder ones or with a wii clip(dont know much on the wii modding scene).

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump my own thread but I know it has been knocked back so no one will see it now. I want to purchase the chip soon so if anyone can answer my question I would be even more grateful! Everyone has been a great help so far
wub.gif

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelgadis said:
Sorry to bump my own thread but I know it has been knocked back so no one will see it now. I want to purchase the chip soon so if anyone can answer my question I would be even more grateful! Everyone has been a great help so far
wub.gif
You shouldn't need to mess with any firmware.

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So all japanese games should work since it is on a japanese wii? But some american games may not? Sorta a reverse to the american wiis compatibility?

H20Wally

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a Japanese Wii as well that I bought while I was over there for a year and was considering putting a chip on it as well. I used the site recommended by putifreak, but the closest model number is LJF121XXXX while mine is LJF137XXXXX. Since there were only two entries for available data I was wondering how I distinguish between which of the two chipsets mine falls in? I mean there is the obvious option of opening it up, but as I'm without a tri-wing screwdriver I was hoping to just order that and my chip together.

I also bought my Wii about 8 months ago, so I'm thinking I might also by a GC2-D2C (v1). I was thinking about buying the D2Pro from this OzModchips (http://www.ozmodchips.com/d2pro-9wire-with-spi-modchip-for-all-wiis-d2e-compliant-p-107.html) but they said if you have a d2c chipset let them know. Sorry to have so many questions but I am very new to the whole modifying a Wii. I appreciate your guys help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: