want to mod a dreamcast

Exkorath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i'm going to start hardmodding and i figured i'd practice on my dreamcast. What i basically want to do with it is replace the 5 little bumps on each side of the disc tray with LEDs, do the SD card mod ( where it can read sd cards ), the mod where you can change the dreamcasts region ( don't know what its called, and adventually paint it gold. I know that's a lot but that will be my project. Pimp out my Dreamcast. So since i'm new i really don't have much of a clue what to do. I can get my soldering iron and LEDS and soldering iron from my local radio shack and maybe some other stuff but besides that idk any good websites for stuff like that.
So if someone could give me a tut or tips that would be awesome.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RadioShack have the most expensive parts/gadgets. Their soldering iron isn't bad, I've done most of my soldering with them when I can't be bother with my soldering station. Keeping your tip clean and don't cheap out on solder. Everything else you could probably get off eBay cheap.

As with the bios mod, Bad_Ad on assembergames have some pre-programmed chips. As these chips are discontinued, buying a single blank chip isn't going to be worth the cost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1