Want to make your own chainmail armor? Chainmail purse? Chainmail anything?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing how many soda cans me and the people I live with go through, I'm going to do this. Probably make chainmail shirt first.

izs4ed.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here I was hoping for a CAD preconstruction I could ship off to http://www.shapeways.com/ or something.

Trouble is fizzy drinks come in bottles (if my old man stomach can handle them) and the day I take up drinking canned booze is the day I take up drinking special brew.

And now to save my fellow ska fans a search

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cirrhosis is most commonly caused by alcoholism, hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and fatty liver disease

Absolutely none of which has anything to do with sodas, which you get these from. You're a special kind of moron, sometimes. Nothing in canned sodas can cause it at all.

Don't get me wrong, I know sodas are essencially like drinking slow-acting poison (not related to livers), but it's so slow acting that it would take well over a hundred years before it'd kill you. By then 99% of people are already dead anyway, so.....

Might as well make a use of the things, rather than throw them away.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Absolutely none of which has anything to do with sodas, which you get these from. You're a special kind of moron, sometimes. Nothing in canned sodas can cause it at all.
Beer comes in cans too. You can be really really slow sometimes.

eqkepAg.jpg

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beer comes in cans too. You can be really really slow sometimes.

Considering I directly said "soda cans" in my first post, no. I wasn't slow, you were too lazy to read one sentence into my post.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Don't get me wrong, I know sodas are essencially like drinking slow-acting poison (not related to livers), but it's so slow acting that it would take well over a hundred years before it'd kill you. By then 99% of people are already dead anyway, so.....

Might as well make a use of the things, rather than throw them away.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fatty-liver-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx
"Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the term for a wide range of conditions caused by a build-up of fat within the liver cells. It is usually seen in people who are overweight or obese."

There are 140 calories in 1 can of Soda.
Calories
Fat 0.04g, Carbs 36.05g and Protein 0.26g
http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/soda

An average man needs around 2,500 calories a day to maintain his weight. For an average woman, that figure is around 2,000 calories a day. These values can vary depending on age and levels of physical activity, among other factors.
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1126.aspx?CategoryID=51&SubCategoryID=165

For water, of which you need 1200 ml a day (the average can is 330ml I believe) that would be 0.

Reactions: Janthran and Veho

Xuphor

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an image reply for that too:
But no, you're just really really slow.
As I've said many many times on these forums, I have Cystic Fibrosis, which comes with it's own mini-form of diabetes. Also, I only drink Coke Zero, no carbs/calories/etc.

Also, FAST - I did not know that. Still, considering I am ~20 pounds under my average height's weight, that's not a problem for me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I've said many many times on these forums, I have Cystic Fibrosis, which comes with it's own mini-form of diabetes. Also, I only drink Coke Zero, no carbs/calories/etc.

Also, FAST - I did not know that. Still, considering I am ~20 pounds under my average height's weight, that's not a problem for me.

CF changes quite a lot of things here (most notably here increasing the required intake rather drastically) but that is somewhat besides the point. Similarly calories vs types of sugars and things there http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1892841,00.html though in fairness I should also link something like http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-can-an-artificial-swe

BMI, ignoring the immense issues with that system, says nothing about malnutrition and such like and fizzy drinks are not typically the most nutrious of items. See also why we do not have food tablets.

All this is besides the point though as cheap sheet aluminum is hardly going to do any good as chainmail.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At target I get free soda, and around the holidays they have me my own Target brand 44oz cup. Since the holidays, I fill up and drain the cup at least 3 times in a 5 hour shift, and I work about 5 days a week. So in a week, I go through about 660 oz of soda a week, and usually only drink Mountain Dew, Or Coke.
So my question here is...
AM I GONNA DIE?! ;O;

EDIT: After some conversions, turns out I drink about 20 liters (5 gallons) of soda a week)
>.>
<.<

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Coke Zero kills brain cells. Might be why you couldn't comprehend Veho's link properly, because I saw the part that said "non alcoholic" in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH