Want to install XP on Windows 7 PC, but.....

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Satangel, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Whenever I try to install XP via the CD it gives me an error that "no hard drives were detected" (WTF?!)
    I did a quick Google, came up with this. But I've searched and tried everything in the BIOS now, but it just won't work! Whenever I let Windows 7 boot up normally, I can see the hard drives just fine, but that setup won't find them.
    I can't try that second method, because I don't have a floppy drive anymore. So yeah, I'm pretty screwed.
    Is there any way I can format the C disk (nothing's on it that I want to keep) and install Windows XP on it?
    I want XP back because the wireless LAN drivers don't work with 7, so the laptop's pretty fucked without WLAN [​IMG]

2. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    edit: I didn't read everything, ignore me.
    edit2: read everything, it's what I thought at first, you probably have to burn an xp cd with slipstreamed sata drivers.

http://www.digitgeek.com/how-to-slipstream...ers-into-xp-cd/

if you have access to decent torrent trackers, you can just grab an xp cd there with sata included.

3. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Okay, thanks for that site!
    Do I have to download that Floppy driver like they said in this tutorial?
    I found this driver for my laptop, should I implement this one in my XP ISO?

Intel 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller

4. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    try slipstreaming that one you found for your mobo, should be your best bet.

5. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Fack yeah, the setup is running now, it's looking good so far!
    Fantastic news, thanks mate! Very glad to see this may be fixed, I searched hours for the solution but the good old GBAtemp saved my ass again [​IMG]
    Very glad, thanks! You want a sig or so, I can make it for you [​IMG]

EDIT: In the setup I formatted the C partition and installed Windows XP on it. The setup went well. But now, whenever I boot the laptop I get a BSOD now.
    I tried booting in Safe Mode, but same result.....

6. Sephi

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    now that I can't really help you with, first trouble shooting thoughts:

1) quick or regular format? try both
    2) try googling the bsod error

7. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    The only thing I found was that I should run something in XP, but that's off course impossible since I always get a BSOD, no matter what.
    I could get into the command though so I just formatted the C drive and installed Windows 7 again, without wireless drivers.... It's a real shame, but no way to make it work perfectly again (as of yet)....

8. Coto

Coto GBAtemp Addict

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    You´ll need to use a retail Windows XP SP3 if possible, then inyect through NLITE these SATA drivers:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sq3l657b07sfiw9

(according to your northbridge chip)

pd: Do a lecture through google on "inyect Nlite + Windows XP SP3".

pd2: MUST BE A FRESH WINDOWS XP SP3 SETUP!! (forget those "angel zero xp lite sp10", etc

[​IMG]

9. Satangel
    OP

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I'll try it later on, probably in a few days because I don't have any time atm [​IMG]

And Sephi, if you want a sig, just gimme a PM and I'll do it [​IMG] Same for you Coto.