Hacking Want to get some setup for my 3DS.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So yesterday I switched from Rxtools to Luma A9LH, parting from it was a little painful due to having some good memories with that old CFW, but anyway, I just needed something faster and more secure for my tastes, so here's A question I need answered.

1) Before Luma, I used Rxtools Emunand in order to install games, the problem was, for each (let's say, two games over 1gb like Smash and Awakening) when I was going to install something that sizes more than those, I would always get an error immediately on the newest FBI, my only choice back then was to format Emunand, re-install rxtools and install some other games, as long as I backed them up with JKSV.

Thing is, now with Luma 3DS, I only have Sysnand now, so whenever I get an error on it, everything's gone like the wind, I'm incapable of installing games that are over the size of the game I got the error from and that really annoys me.

In short, is there anyway to install an emunand on it?, if so, how?, Plailect Guide didn't mention anything about creating emunands, this is only so I can install games relaxed without running to any issues during it, if Emu is not an option, is there anyway to prevent installing errors on FBI?.

Essentially, all I want is to know if is either the mini-SD, the mini-SD adapter or the 3DS that is causing me troubles whenever I want to install anything on my 3DS.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is likely your sd card. Do you have a lot of space left? You need to have twice the space a .cia takes up to install.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is 32gb, a Samsung model to be exact, I checked with several programs to see the real space, and yes, it has 32gb of available space, well, 31.2 to be fair, I bought it a year ago in a local store, and I could ensure that yes, it is legit.

Either way, let us assume that I have a limit of let's say 5gb for Luma sysnand, I repeat my question, is it possible to install an emunand on Luma, if so, how?, mostly to get around this issue and install this with multiple databases so I don't have to erase everything in one get-go.

Other question is, let us say that I want to have Luma 3DS on another SD card, is it as simple as copypasting all the files from the current one to a new one?.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Use Emunand9 to format your SDcard to have an emuNAND partition on there and boot it after you config it to boot emuNAND from holding Select
2) Yes, it's that simple, just get your "a9lh" folder and arm9loaderhax.bin onto the new SDcard and boom (Just so you know, you'll be using the same sysNAND/emuNAND on those 2 sdcards unless you format them into different emuNAND's --> IE: sysNAND, emuNAND1, emuNAND 2, etc.)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 32gb, a Samsung model to be exact, I checked with several programs to see the real space, and yes, it has 32gb of available space, well, 31.2 to be fair, I bought it a year ago in a local store, and I could ensure that yes, it is legit.

Either way, let us assume that I have a limit of let's say 5gb for Luma sysnand, I repeat my question, is it possible to install an emunand on Luma, if so, how?, mostly to get around this issue and install this with multiple databases so I don't have to erase everything in one get-go.

Other question is, let us say that I want to have Luma 3DS on another SD card, is it as simple as copypasting all the files from the current one to a new one?.
Have you tried installing a 1gb+ game on luma3ds sysnand? Or you basing it off of how it was with rxtools?

To get new SD card just copy and paste all the files from the old one to new one.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Use Emunand9 to format your SDcard to have an emuNAND partition on there and boot it after you config it to boot emuNAND from holding Select
2) Yes, it's that simple, just get your "a9lh" folder and arm9loaderhax.bin onto the new SDcard and boom (Just so you know, you'll be using the same sysNAND/emuNAND on those 2 sdcards unless you format them into different emuNAND's --> IE: sysNAND, emuNAND1, emuNAND 2, etc.)

A) Format the SD card?, so, should I backup all of my SD, and then I go use Emunand9, but where does the option of it appears?, I know is probably in Emunand Options, but I don't know if I should use either Emunand Backup or Restore, I'm confused with that.

B) So, the Sysnand remains quiet while the Emunands are different?, so the content from one SD card (the games specifically) will remain while the other SD card will be completely new and empty?, I see.
Have you tried installing a 1gb+ game on luma3ds sysnand? Or you basing it off of how it was with rxtools?

To get new SD card just copy and paste all the files from the old one to new one.

Yes, in fact, the main games I download are almost always 1gb+ games, it seems that I fixed the issue i had was this, I installed three games, and one gave me an error:

I went from installing Awakening (Success) > Smash Bros (Success) > FE Fates (Failure), but now i'm doing it like this and so far it's been like this.
FE Fates (Success) > Awakening (Success) > Smash Bros (Failure).

I literally don't know what is the mechanism behind this that allows certain games to be installed, while others don't share the same privilege, this has been an issue with both Rxtools and Luma, my experience with both in this case are quite similar except that Luma (I think) makes the process install faster than rxtools, but nevertheless it gets pretty annoying.

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) Format the SD card?, so, should I backup all of my SD, and then I go use Emunand9, but where does the option of it appears?, I know is probably in Emunand Options, but I don't know if I should use either Emunand Backup or Restore, I'm confused with that.

B) So, the Sysnand remains quiet while the Emunands are different?, so the content from one SD card (the games specifically) will remain while the other SD card will be completely new and empty?, I see.

A) Yes, back up your SD Card Contents because creating a emuNAND will format it. I think you're confusing Decrtpy9 and Emunand9. Emunand9 is a whole different payload then Decryprt9. Upon booting Emunand9 you should be looking at this:

"Complete EmuNAND Setup"
"Complete RedNAND Setup"
"SD Format Options..."
"EmuNAND Manager Options..."

Choose "SD Format Options" and then choose "Format SD (Emunand default)
After that's done, prompt Luma to boot into emuNAND from it's settings (Select)
And that's it, you now have a emuNAND!

B) Bascially, you have the idea :P

Last edited by Posghetti,

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh great, just these two last questions and everything's good to go.
A) How do I boot Emunand9 on A9LH? :P
B) How do I configure Emunand9 and Luma to get multiple emunands in one single SD card?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh great, just these two last questions and everything's good to go.
A) How do I boot Emunand9 on A9LH? :P
B) How do I configure Emunand9 and Luma to get multiple emunands in one single SD card?

A) Taking another look at the new guide it seems like you don't get Emunand9 anymore. Just grab the latest release from here and put the bin file in /rootofsdcard/luma/payloads and assign it a key so that you can boot it upon booting. After that you can just follow what I said.

B) I haven't tried doing multiple emuNANDS on 1 Sdcard but I found this. Try it out and lemme know :P
Be careful ofc and if you feel overwhelmed or stuck a bit, just lemme know (:

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A) Taking another look at the new guide it seems like you don't get Emunand9 anymore. Just grab the latest release from here and put the bin file in /rootofsdcard/luma/payloads and assign it a key so that you can boot it upon booting. After that you can just follow what I said.

B) I haven't tried doing multiple emuNANDS on 1 Sdcard but I found this. Try it out and lemme know :P
Be careful ofc and if you feel overwhelmed or stuck a bit, just lemme know (:

A) Commands?, like the one I saw with Hourglass9 like "start_Hourglass9" but instead of using Start I just use a different button at boot up?, for example if I want Emunand9 also I use "L_Emunand9" and so?, I would like to see an example of the available commands in order to execute a payload.

B) I'll try that, seems interesting.

I'm very thankful for the help you've provided me, as an user who used Rxtools over a year, all of this information seems almost too new for me :P

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) Commands?, like the one I saw with Hourglass9 like "start_Hourglass9" but instead of using Start I just use a different button at boot up?, for example if I want Emunand9 also I use "L_Emunand9" and so?, I would like to see an example of the available commands in order to execute a payload.

B) I'll try that, seems interesting.

I'm very thankful for the help you've provided me, as an user who used Rxtools over a year, all of this information seems almost too new for me :P

A) Yes! Don't use L tho, use "Y" instead since that was it's original key launch so rename it to "y_EmuN9" and just boot up your 3DS while holding y!
Here are some different "commands" you can use for payloads (scroll down to "Payload Chaining")

B) No problem!

Reactions: Demifiend

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much, that information was certainly helpful, hope I can rely to you any moment for these kind of things again in the future, my issue has been finally solved.

Reactions: Posghetti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: