Want to get more muscles

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I want to get more arm/chest muscles.
Which exercices should I do?

At the moment I'm doing around 70 sit-ups every night in my bed.
And sometimes (when I feel like it
smile.gif
) I do like 50 push-ups.

I've also got the possibility to lift my self up on a bar outside, so please share if that helps too
smile.gif

The main thing I want is chest muscles, how do I get those?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hahah, Im doing the complete opposite, I work the shit of out of my chest, and just started on my abs again. Anyway, Heres what I do, but only some may be available to you.

I'd stick with the 50x pushups, every to every other day. To mix it up a bit either spread your ams farther apart from each other, or form a triangle with your hands then do the pushups (much harder that way)

Occasionally try standing pushups, (Leaning against a counter) and doing the pushups, it works out a different section of your chest then regular pushups.

I do about 15-20x of each:

Pull ups - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ne_Pull-ups.jpg

Chin ups - http://fitness.hownd.com/photo-827-nautilu...ull_up_bar.html

I find pull ups to be harder, plus they work out our biceps and shoulders more.

If you can, try Bench pressing.

Lastly, these 2 are just hobbies that helped build muscle,

I can walk on my hands, which helps build a ton of shoulder muscle.
and Drumming which only slightly works out the chest but is great for the arms and shoulders.

Any good stomach excersises besides normal situps?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sir, it is a physical impossibility to acquire more muscles, you can only enlarge the ones you have!
laugh.gif
There's a lot of ways to exercise, but a lot of it has to do with diet:

1) Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated before, after, and during a workout. It's not just about over-exerting yourself, it also promotes muscle growth.

2) Never exercise a specific part of your body for over 40 minutes. After 40 minutes the effects reverse and you actually do more harm to your muscles than good.

3) Directly after every workout be sure to eat something with protein. Be it a protein bar or shake, or perhaps some fish, eggs, or a hamburger. Don't overdue it on the greasy foods, but in my personal experience you still get the results as long as there's a heavy protein intake.

There are really all sorts of things one should know about working out, but I've found those to be the most important in addition to the exercise itself.

And just for the hell of it try playing Wii Sports for 30 - 40 minutes a day (rotating the games between baseball, boxing, sometimes tennis, and all of the training mini-games related to those three). I did that for a week once, really putting my all into my jabs, swings, dodges, etc, and I lost 8 pounds and saw a significant muscle increase.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna do some of these
smile.gif

Keep 'em coming!
Ah yes, I forgot one. Take rest days. Muscles that are overworked will not grow. They need rest in between workouts. So that means if you work out your arms and legs one Monday, take Tuesday off to rest at home. Then exercise again on Wednesday, then take Thursday off, etc. You get the idea.

Alternatively, if you don't want to waste any time, exercise just your arms on Monday, then just your legs on Tuesday, arms Wednesday, legs Thursday, and so on.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
im also going to be taking this advice, since when i work my muscles out i usually just try to excersize, i dont take into account drinking water or eating protein.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Satangel said:
Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna do some of these
smile.gif

Keep 'em coming!
Ah yes, I forgot one. Take rest days. Muscles that are overworked will not grow. They need rest in between workouts. So that means if you work out your arms and legs one Monday, take Tuesday off to rest at home. Then exercise again on Wednesday, then take Thursday off, etc. You get the idea.

Alternatively, if you don't want to waste any time, exercise just your arms on Monday, then just your legs on Tuesday, arms Wednesday, legs Thursday, and so on.

Oh yes, forgot that too, Just to give you an idea, I workout my chest/shoulders on a schedule like this,
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Then start over again on monday, pretty much every other day except Saturday.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do pushups.. but you can gain much faster if you're using weights. You should do your regular exercises first as a warm up then go into weights. It strains your muscles, but it's better growth for it. Be sure to intake quite a bit of protein after your work out. That's when your muscles hungers for protein to repair the tissues.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you want to be toned or do you want to be able to exert more force than you could before?
Equally are you going got short term high exertion or long term steady? (think sprint or long distance)
You also have a bit of choice as to whether you want singular force or a measure of dexterity (I would go for the latter myself).

For strength I find it is more wrists, fingers and forearms that do things (in which case hand grips, finger pullups and one of those powerballs did me wonders when I needed to sort things the other year).
Everything else up until strongman contests can realistically be done by knowing how to lift properly (and that is largely in the legs).

As for getting toned I leave that to others, suffice it to say though if you do not use it then it will not come.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ace Gunman said:
Sir, it is a physical impossibility to acquire more muscles, you can only enlarge the ones you have!
laugh.gif
There's a lot of ways to exercise, but a lot of it has to do with diet:

1) Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated before, after, and during a workout. It's not just about over-exerting yourself, it also promotes muscle growth.

2) Never exercise a specific part of your body for over 40 minutes. After 40 minutes the effects reverse and you actually do more harm to your muscles than good.

3) Directly after every workout be sure to eat something with protein. Be it a protein bar or shake, or perhaps some fish, eggs, or a hamburger. Don't overdue it on the greasy foods, but in my personal experience you still get the results as long as there's a heavy protein intake.

There are really all sorts of things one should know about working out, but I've found those to be the most important in addition to the exercise itself.

And just for the hell of it try playing Wii Sports for 30 - 40 minutes a day (rotating the games between baseball, boxing, sometimes tennis, and all of the training mini-games related to those three). I did that for a week once, really putting my all into my jabs, swings, dodges, etc, and I lost 8 pounds and saw a significant muscle increase.

Really? Would Wii Sports really help a lot? I know Boxing is pretty intense, but would it really help?

Ace Gunman said:
QUOTE(Satangel @ Jan 21 2009, 01:49 PM) Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna do some of these
smile.gif

Keep 'em coming!

I'm rotating sit-ups and push-ups every day, so tonight I'm gonna do sit-ups, tomorrow push-ups, ....
And is it bad if I do some pull-ups too ? (when I feel like it
smile.gif
)

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok i haven't read the thread but let me tell u this. there's no other way. wii fit will make u lean at the most, not buff. and whatever u do, DON'T take steriods (unless u want ur balls to be fucked up)

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
da_head said:
ok i haven't read the thread but let me tell u this. there's no other way. wii fit will make u lean at the most, not buff. and whatever u do, DON'T take steriods (unless u want ur balls to be fucked up)

Okay, so no other way to get more improve my muscles then to actually exercise? No Wii Sports, no Wii Fit?

And I don't plan on taking steroids, thanks for the tip though
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn