Hacking Want to do specific things on a hacked switch, will I get banned?

Kyfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've finally caved, bought a 3ds, and hacked it easy.
My next goal is to hack a switch. One reason I want to hack it (aside from free games) is that I want to change my gender in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I've done my fair share of research, and I've come to the conclusion that running cfw, homebrew, etc aren't very bannable. When it comes to hacking online games though, it is very bannable.
I've had several friends and seen many people on this site saying that it would be hard to get banned on switch if you simply follow the directions. I have a hackable switch, day 1, and I'm very confident in my ability to do so.

I haven't seen a post addressing cheating in online games, especially Monster Hunter if you could even consider a gender change cheating.

As for risk, Monster Hunter is my favorite active series and it would be heartbreaking to get banned, it's not like this really matters to me but it would be cool to be able to change genders. If I got banned I would have to get a new switch to play Rise, and that's less than ideal.

Last edited by Kyfa,

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nah, ur badly informed. It's actually the opposite - it's really easy to get banned on the Switch. I would just do set up an emuMMC and run it completely offline. This means you can switch between going online on OFW and going offline with CFW

Last edited by MeAndHax,
Reactions: Kioku

Kyfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, ur badly informed. It's actually the opposite - it's really easy to get banned on the Switch. I would just do set up an emuMMC and run it completely offline. This means you can switch between going online on OFW and going offline with CFW
I've heard about an emuMMC, I'm guessing that drastically reduces the chances of me being banned. I want to take the gender-swapped character online but I'm guessing that's not an option with the emu, oh well.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've heard about an emuMMC, I'm guessing that drastically reduces the chances of me being banned. I want to take the gender-swapped character online but I'm guessing that's not an option with the emu, oh well.
You can transfer the save file from cfw to ofw, tho. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the Monster Hunter game and I don’t know how exactly the cheat for the game works but if it’s locally - people online won’t see your gender swap anyway - so it’s kinda waste of time?

Last edited by MeAndHax,

Kyfa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can transfer the save file from cfw to ofw, tho. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the Monster Hunter game and I don’t know how exactly the cheat for the game works but if it’s locally - people online won’t see your gender swap anyway - so it’s kinda waste of time?
It's an online game, 4 players 3d character models run around hunting monsters. I think they would be able to see my new gender? Don't know.

D

Deleted User

It may not happen immediately, but if you make any changes like that and take the game online you're just begging for a ban.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You will get banned for doing that, there are reports of people editing saves and not getting banned, but with online games it's a ban.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My next goal is to hack a switch. One reason I want to hack it (aside from free games) is that I want to change my gender in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I've done my fair share of research, and I've come to the conclusion that running cfw, homebrew, etc aren't very bannable. When it comes to hacking online games though, it is very bannable.
I've had several friends and seen many people on this site saying that it would be hard to get banned on switch if you simply follow the directions. I have a hackable switch, day 1, and I'm very confident in my ability to do so.

I haven't seen a post addressing cheating in online games, especially Monster Hunter if you could even consider a gender change cheating.

As for risk, Monster Hunter is my favorite active series and it would be heartbreaking to get banned, it's not like this really matters to me but it would be cool to be able to change genders. If I got banned I would have to get a new switch to play Rise, and that's less than ideal.
There is always a risk of getting banned when going online with a hacked console.

link22534

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its 3ds not a switch u probably wont be banned im pretty sure mh on the 3ds is p2p and ive never seen a ban from mh not impossible but not really a huge issue

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP

Just use LAN play and end the day

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes. It is also worth mentioning that payloads are injected in RCM which is triggered before Horizon is ran making it even harder to track.
Good to know... Is there a save manager that can be run from RCM?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know... Is there a save manager that can be run from RCM?
No and there are plenty of good reasons on why. The biggest reason is because we already have homebrew save managers and there are more than enough of those so there isn't much point in making more save managers. It is probably also difficult to make one since you are limited to RCM unlike homebrew save managers that have access to Horizon. Lastly, and this is most likely why you want one, an RCM save manager wouldn't be that much safer than a homebrew equivalent. The reason being is simple; Nintendo doesn't really track the manager but what the manager alters. Even if you completely changed your save data in RCM, as long as Nintendo has the 411 on your save data, they will know it was tampered with and the only way to tamper it with is hacks which can lead to a ban. Its the same principle as a closed-room murder; just because on the surface it doesn't appear possible that a murder wasn't committed doesn't automatically lead to the conclusion that a murder wasn't committed. There is evidence of temperament whether that is a dead body with no signs of suicide or save data that mysteriously changed.

DARK-MANUELX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to transfer my mod save of MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION of 3DS (hacked) to my MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION ULTIMATE of LEGAL NINTENDO SWITCH, it posible without risk of ban?

the save dont has anything stupid or imposible items & stats, only armors, weapons, money, resourses and all lists unlocked.

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i want to transfer my mod save of MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION of 3DS (hacked) to my MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION ULTIMATE of LEGAL NINTENDO SWITCH, it posible without risk of ban?

the save dont has anything stupid or imposible items & stats, only armors, weapons, money, resourses and all lists unlocked.

Thanks.
Transferring save data involves using CFW/homebrew so there is an inherent risk of getting banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple