Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Read with Iwata-san voice: Hello, everyone.
A few weeks ago my parents gave me a brand new laptop. This means that now I have a tool to be constantly communicated.
I am an Artist with previous experience in Game Design, Environment Design and Concept Art.
I've been wanting to learn how to program, and YES I started with that... thing.
But I'm pretty sure it's going to take quite a while to learn that.
I also have a lot of free time.
Currently, I've been trying (we're both trying) to work with someone in the Comic Industry. So yes, I have something to do, but it's not enough.
I'm also learning how to compose music :)

The thing is that I've been wanting (also) to contribute with someone else's projects in order to gain experience in the Gaming Field... since, like everyone else, I would love to fucking make my own fucking games!!!
This is why I'm humbling asking if someone would like me to help them in my field (design and stuff), don't worry, I'm not asking you for money in order to do the job. As long as I gain experience it's okay... so It'd be free.

So far, my personal achievements are:
- Won a literature contest twice, held nationally in my country at high-school level. I mean that, all high-schools in my country had a contest of literature, and of course it has to have a winner ;)
Since then, I'm pretty confident with my writing skills.
- I've been invited to expose my artwork in different galleries in my country, and once in Spain.
- I'm a fucking perfectionist, and I have a tiny bit of OCD, which leads me to work until I achieve perfection and personal satisfaction. So I do not rush anything, nor take anything for granted.

So... anyone?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might not get to work on gaming projects, but learning the code first then making simple applications will lead you there. I have a few projects of my own although I prefer to work on them by myself. Well, not really. Although it's a better learning experience for myself.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You might not get to work on gaming projects, but learning the code first then making simple applications will lead you there. I have a few projects of my own although I prefer to work on them by myself. Well, not really. Although it's a better learning experience for myself.

Of course, that's exactly why I'm teaching myself to code and compose music, there's no better project than a personal project. But wan't to do something until I get there.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been having toubles getting the programs to learn a specific language.
But in order to get familiar with it, i'm starting with Java and JavaScript.

Would love to learn Lua, C, Python and Ruby.

Nice java. I do know java. I used to code Minecraft plugins and could create almost anything. I would recommend C++ after that. It is much more common language than the listings you have. Don't learn .NET until you learn everything else. If you do then you will get sucked into simple coding and won't bother with other harder codes.

Reactions: Gizametalman

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Java is love, Java is life.

Don't learn anything else, you don't need that.

JK :) (JK means, Just Kidding)

Do as @Zero72463 says, go to C++ after Java, it's better if you want to start homebrew in different consoles, most of them use C++ and/or C.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay