want to connect my laptop to my tv

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by fst312, Sep 4, 2011.

Sep 4, 2011
  1. fst312
    OP

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    so i just bought my first laptop about two weeks ago and right now i want to connect it to more than one of my tv's . ok i got like three tv's and only of them is an hdtv.
    it has Intel HD Graphics 3000 [HDMI, VGA].i'm looking for a cable so i can be able to connect my laptop to one of my analog tv's and hd tv.
    so basically i'm looking for an all in one multi cable at the cheapest price possible.

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Your laptop has a HDMI output port which would solve everything on your HDTV. As for non-HDTVs, you'll have to get creative (unless it has a S-Video port, but laptops stopped using them a while ago). VGA to composite adaptors and a mini-jack to RCA adaptor for sound.

EDIT: to add, this is only because non-HDTVs don't have HDMI and often only have composite and component. Also, due to the difference in scale ratio for computers to non-HDTVs, the quality will suck and often be impossible to read from.

3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

HDMI is usually the best compromise:
    - best picture quality
    - transmits both audio and video signals
    - can be found for a decent price

I'd go for that if I were you.
    Thats what I use at home anyway.

4. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    Well your only main option is to connect it to a TV with a HDMI port or VGA.
    Finding a chord for analog is a bit hard.
    Well at least in australia it is..