Gaming Want to buy orange box!!!!!!

Heatguyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So as many should know, the orange box pack is 66% off this weekend, putting it a a cost of 10 dollars.

The game that I want to play the most is Team Fortress 2, and the system requirements are:

System Requirements
Minimum: 1.7 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, DirectX® 8 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

And my lap:

Intel Core 2 T5600 @ 1.83Ghz 988 MHz, .99 RAM, XP Home Edition SP2.

All of those do meet the minimum, but I dont know about the Graphics Card.

BTW its a dell XPS M1210

Heatguyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, do you recomend I not buy it???

I mean, I have it on my xbox, but the fact that the micro$oft is gonna make us pay for the updates makes me want to just have the PC version, where the updates are FREE.

And besides, my gold membership expired.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
If you get Portal, you can hack it to play Half Life 2 levels
smile.gif
. Portal costs $10 at EB Games.

But you can buy the whole Orange Box package right now for the PC for that same price, including Portal.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trolly said:
I doubt an in-built card will be able to quite handle it. Shame, because it's a fantastic package (particularly on PC).

He wasn't sure about the card. My check says that it should come with a Nvidia 7400 Go, which I think should be enough to play it at a lower-medium quality, I mean I was playing the games on my old 6600 GT. Although, I think it also comes with an integrated version for video card options.

To the OP, use google GPUZ, download it and run it to check for the type of vid card you're running on the laptop.

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've got demos of some of the games from The Orange Box if I remember correctly... You might just want to try those. I've gotten Half Life 2 and Portal to run on low settings on my laptop with integrated graphics.

Heatguyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So my integrated card wont work huh.

That sucks.

Ill guess ill ask santa for a PC this chrismas.

Butt thats still a hecka good deal. I dont know how steam works, can I buy it now try to play on my lap, and when I get a PC install it there???

Heatguyred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GexX2 said:
Yes you can. Also this thread may help you later, might want to bookmark it.

When you buy a game with steam you can download it onto any PC with Steam installed.

LOL, thx, i just read it on their site:
Play your games on any PC
Once you have a Steam account, you can sign in from any PC to access your games. Your games are associated with your account, not your computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: