Hacking Want to buy DSTWO for 3DS but have questions

dakota379

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS preordered and I need a good card for my ds games. This card seems to be the ticket but I have a question:

Is it true you have to have a DSI to update the firmware to work on 3DS? Because all I have is the original NDS and really don't know anyone who has a DSI (
sad.gif
I'm so lonely)

I have been using evolution for so long and I dont want to pay more for ievolution and get less features than what the DSTWO has!

Thanks!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
dakota379 said:
I have a 3DS preordered and I need a good card for my ds games. This card seems to be the ticket but I have a question:

Is it true you have to have a DSI to update the firmware to work on 3DS? Because all I have is the original NDS and really don't know anyone who has a DSI (
sad.gif
I'm so lonely)

I have been using evolution for so long and I dont want to pay more for ievolution and get less features than what the DSTWO has!

Thanks!
original ds will work fine
just put the update file on the root of the sd and when you start up the sc2 in the ds it will prompt you to perform the update
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Terminator02 said:
actually IIRC it doesn't work on the DSi at all, only phat and lite work
it most definitely does work on dsi/xl
i just updated mine on my xl the other day

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, you're right
QUOTE said:
For NDSi/NDSiXL/NDSiLL:
1?copy the correct _dstwo folder and ds2boot.dat file to the root of your microsd card.
2?insert DSTWO into your console. Boot the console, dont turn off it untill you see the DSTWO cart LOGO(the logo of Fish Tycoon, maybe need about 1 minute). Then re-boot your console.

For NDS/NDSL:
1?copy the correct _dstwo folder and ds2boot.dat file to the root of your microsd card.
2?insert DSTWO into your console. Boot the console, then re-boot when you entered the menu of NDS.

JabbaFlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-ordered the 3DS today after being demo'd it and a SuperCard DSTWO from realhotstuff, thanks for all your info on this great site
smile.gif

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Ah wow. I hope I don't have to make another thread for this but basically so am I to understand that if I order a Supercard DS2 for my 3DS I have on preorder, I won't be able to use it because I currently possess no older model DS to update it with?

Z

Zorua

Dylan said:
Ah wow. I hope I don't have to make another thread for this but basically so am I to understand that if I order a Supercard DS2 for my 3DS I have on preorder, I won't be able to use it because I currently possess no older model DS to update it with?

Yes, but you can always borrow one. The update takes only about a minute.

EDIT: Or maybe you can order one which is already flashed.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Dylan said:

Oh okay. So i'll pretty much just need to put an update file on the memory card from home and then find any DS to just boot it up in? I should be able to do that. So far no other card has really stood out as better so i'm still set on getting one.

Z

Zorua

Dylan said:
Zorua said:
Dylan said:

Oh okay. So i'll pretty much just need to put an update file on the memory card from home and then find any DS to just boot it up in? I should be able to do that. So far no other card has really stood out as better so i'm still set on getting one.

Yes, that's right. Also, this is the update file.

How to use: Copy ds2update.dat file and the newest OS to the root of your microsd card, then insert DSTWO into the DS (or DSLite, DSi which can work with DSTWO) to upgrade your DSTWO. Make sure DO NOT power off until it finished upgrading!
Important: The firmware v1.09 must work with the latest EOS v1.11.[/p]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?