Want to buy a cheap Switch USB dongle

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    My Switch is a series XAJ4000, with the firmware 5.1.0 and already unlinked my Nintendo account from the console (as well as deleted the games I bought digitally since I can't play them, so it was just taking up space, I'd say).

I have checked on Aliexpress and there are two Switch USB dongles which are really cheap but are they reliable? Links below for anyone who can possibly want to help me out on this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...upport-Atmosphere-SX/1406602_32912740837.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ITCH-SX-OS-KEY-Break/2883091_32914800953.html

The original SX OS Pro dongle costs a lot more than that and I wasn't planning on buying a dongle that'd cost the price of a standard Switch game (yeah, I'd get to play unlimited games but going down this route is to save money :P). I know, it's the original so it uses original hardware pieces and it looks pretty damn cool but I don't care too much about how it looks.

P.S.: Alternatively, if those Aliexpress dongles aren't any good then I'll go with the free CFW that's available on this website.

Thanks.

2. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  3. Terabvte

Terabvte Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
  4. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Shipping from aliexpress is always going to be significantly longer, it is a international platform. This is to be expected.

Plenty of other options out there, including different sellers of this same product, which you can see in the thread I linked to.

5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Holy shit. That's super cheap so think I'll go with this one but will wait and see anyone else makes any suggestions for a cheap USB dongle. If not, that's the order.

Yeah, that's the thing with Aliexpress. It's cheap but takes a while to arrive.. I've gotten used to waiting since the products on Aliexpress are so low priced.

6. natinusala

natinusala Win32 error 31 is not an error

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    I recommend the NS-Atmosphere dongle. Cheap, robust, does the job, comes with an integrated jig.

7. Terabvte

Terabvte Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    other than that product is extremely cheap so it's a good purchase

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

8. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
  9. sorabora

sorabora GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Any US based stores? I know it will be more expensive but I'd rather have it sooner than later.

10. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    While there are a few cheaper USB dongles for the Switch, the NS-Atmosphere seems to be the best option for a budget one and at the same time it offers an official website with info and how to install updates on it, and much more.

http://www.ns-atmosphere.com/en/

The price difference isn't that much between them, anyhow.

Thanks to all. Have finally decided on which route to go.

11. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I would go with one of the community made once since they probably will have better support during the lifetime

12. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Not sure I'm aware of that one. Could you provide a link, please?

I'm a total newbie to this Switch hacking stuff and most of it I don't even get what it means so just want an easy way in.

13. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    There are some if you scout around, I wish not to favoritism anyone.

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Well, it claims to have 3 payloads integrated which could be a benefit. Of course you could do the same by using SX OS as a bootloader and loading other payloads through that (don't need to own SX)
    There are a few different designs based around the Trinket M0, people have soldered on coin battery holders to them to make them work externally. One guy 3D printed a case for one so that it would fit in the cartridge slot for storage, or in one of the cartridge slots in a pouch. Searching for Trinket M0 should bring up some results.