Hacking Want those 1000 free points back?

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should actually work!!
Lets face it: you stupidly spent your 1000 free points on games like warioware and mixed messeges.
The good games may roll in any week. I think I have come up with a method to keep ''renting out'' those dsiware games, until october.
FOR FREE! I just need someone, someone willing to take a risk, to test it out.

On page 85 of the dsi manual you will see a section that says ''Format system memory''
It says ''Chose this to erase all save data, and retern the system to the state in which it was purchased.''

You see where Im going with this.
If evverything is erased, there would be no reason not to give you 1000 points- seemingly for the first time.

Can anyone brave put this to test?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSi is linked to your Club Nintendo account. Nintendo records the system ID and prevents it from getting another 1000 free DSi points by just formatting the system memory.
In short, this will fail, sorry.

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dont I huh? WELL WHY YOU GO- lol. The reason why I cant is because I already linked my dsi with club nintendo.As mentioned above, if my dsi is linked, nintendo will track it and not give me the 1000 points. Do you smart alecs have anything else to say?

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noammax said:
This should actually work!!
Lets face it: you stupidly spent your 1000 free points on games like warioware and mixed messeges.
The good games may roll in any week. I think I have come up with a method to keep ''renting out'' those dsiware games, until october.
FOR FREE! I just need someone, someone willing to take a risk, to test it out.

On page 85 of the dsi manual you will see a section that says ''Format system memory''
It says ''Chose this to erase all save data, and retern the system to the state in which it was purchased.''

You see where Im going with this.
If evverything is erased, there would be no reason not to give you 1000 points- seemingly for the first time.

Can anyone brave put this to test?

Sorry, won't work. When the points are assigned to your account it registers your DSi. Even after formatting, if you acces the DSiWare store with that particular DSi, it will download your points balance from the server. Kinda of like online banking. Don't you just wish you can throw away something you bought and have the money you spent on it magically get added back to your bank account?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if you delete the stuff you used your points on, will they let you download those same files again for free, since you already paid for them? I'm just curious, because if not, that's a scam.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
So, if you delete the stuff you used your points on, will they let you download those same files again for free, since you already paid for them? I'm just curious, because if not, that's a scam.

I would imagine they wouldn't be douchebags and do what they did with the wii and give each console their own account. But still the fact that you have to stick with one console is lame :\

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It almost certainly works like the Wii - formatting the system memory actually formats very little, just deletes the extra channels you have. So I would guess each account is linked with each DSi so you can re-download the stuff you already bought but not get more free points.

The only way to get the 1000 free points again would be to get another DSi.

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rayder: C'mon, nintendo isnt that greedy! Yes, I can confirm that once you download a title from the dsi shop, when you come back to the shop, it will always say ''Downloaded''. If you delete it, and then go to the shop, it will say downloadable. You can then re-download for free.

@Justabout
everyoneelse! What the latter comments are saying defintly makes a lot of sence. But what I still dont get is: What happens if you buy a refurbeshed dsi?

Spartan A24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noammax said:
@rayder: C'mon, nintendo isnt that greedy! Yes, I can confirm that once you download a title from the dsi shop, when you come back to the shop, it will always say ''Downloaded''. If you delete it, and then go to the shop, it will say downloadable. You can then re-download for free.

@Justabout
everyoneelse! What the latter comments are saying defintly makes a lot of sence. But what I still dont get is: What happens if you buy a refurbeshed dsi?
I would think that if it was refurbished by Nintendo, they would wipe the system memory, and change the hardware ID (If that's even possible). Then it would appear like it was brand new.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Shiro786 said:
Just formatted my DSi, it didn't work.

No worries, I wanted to format it anyways, I didn't care for anything like the games I have already bought. BTW, nice try, but do you think Nintendo is as stupid as you think?

-Shiro

Well Nintendo is never be so stupid when it comes to profit

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
''Put on you thinking caps, guys. Its money making time.'' lol.
I guess I was the only stupid one...
But thanks for being nice about it (most of you).
Now that this topic is up, I have a quick question about dsiware on an sd card: I understand that you are able to copy dsiware from the system to an sd card. Are you able to play them off an sd card? Because I cant! Im using a micro sd card in an sd card reader. Would this have effect?
Its also worth noting that I share micro sd card with my acekard 2i.
Anyone know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning