Want the new Xfinity rental modem with wifi 6 before it's out?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No.

Modem/Router combos from Xfinity (Comcast in disguise) are absolute crap. You can't customize shit inside the GUI, like you can in DD-WRT. My recommendation is to get a DOCSIS 3.1 modem and wait for a proper Wi-Fi 6 router that supports DD-WRT. I have the same setup except a Wi-Fi 5 router, and an attached Pi-hole for ad-blocking and DHCP routing.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Merica is so weird with their Internet, I'm in the UK here and i pay £24 ($31) for unlimited fibre Internet 76mb/s. No router rental, they provided me one for free

Data prices around the world can be crazy. Some countries have it worse than we in the U.K., some have it much better.

But I’m happy enough with my completely unlimited ~400/35 connection, it’s fast enough to cope with my needs and it’s pretty cheap thanks to decades of loyalty discounts :D

Mind you, I don’t use their crappy router (well, it’s fine, but it’d never cope with my needs).

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's really expensive i just had a look and in the UK its the equivalent of $68 for unlimited and 362mb/s down 100mb/s up.

That includes modem/router
I would like to add that only one ISP is in my area, my neighbors can get 1gbps no data cap (for a year) for $60 (plus any fees).

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's on my account already, will be here tomorrow, all I can find is one bad review where they guy says it performs worse then the xb6, though he did not have a wifi 6 device (wtf kinda tech reviewer lol this was a major company too)

If they tell you there's a $15 delivery charge, tell them no, and for me they credited it back.

nansea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Eric - I realize I am over a year late to this conversation, but I just received this CGM4331COM from Xfinity (it is white and looks like an old-style Alexa. So far working well, but I will be paying the $14.00 rental fee for the next 2 months - was just wondering if you think I should just keep renting it...or is there another Modem that I could purchase and get the same service? Going to Best Buy in the next couple of days...or could buy on Amazon....what do you think? Thanks, Eric in advance!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...