Hacking Want is wrong with my vWii on my Wii U (HackMii Freezee)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
That wiimote+ issue was supposed to have been fixed in v1.1.0 of the HBC (v1.0 of the HackMii installer)
http://hackmii.com/2012/02/the-homebrew-channel-v1-1-0/

EDIT :But even then, that created a DIFFERENT problem before that was fixed. The "press (1)" message would still show up BUT you wouldn't be able to sync your Wiimote. That's not the issue we're having here.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This time I have decided to format the sd cards as FAT and not FAT32. Resolt is the same it still freezes on the hackmii banner.

So the exploit runs, it starts loading the hackmii installer this means that all the sd cards are working.

So what is causing the hackmii installer to freeze after successfully loaded?

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again thanks Maxternal for your time.

Lets see if I have done this correct.

I have downloaded the zip file http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher I have extracted the zip and copied only the "boot.elf" to the sc card root.

Them, I have placed your dol file https://syscheck-hd.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/SysCheckHDE/boot.dol at sd:/apps/syscheck/boot.dol

So on the sd I only have the "boot.elf on the root and the "boot.dol" on the sd:/apps/syscheck/yscheck/

This is the result is "failed to get the stored tmd size for ios4" and I'm back to vWii menu http://www.4shared.com/video/mNdPibzqce/WP_20140205_004.html

My question is should I copy the complete content of the Wii_Homebrew_Launcher zip file to the sd card?

Regards

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi have tested now with all the Wii_Homebrew_Launcher zip file content on the sc card.

I'm able to run, and I can see all the application.

But when I run the syscheck I get the error "Failed to get the stored TMD size for ios4".

At least it loads something :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok, I guess I'm just having difficulty finding a program in ELF format that can load DOL files so that we can run the syscheck in hopes that it will shed some light on what's going on here. :(

EDIT : Wii U does not have an IOS4 which explains that part but I'm not really sure why that app would be trying to access it (maybe it made sense back before IOS4 was stubbed out on Wii) but being unable to reload the IOS to 58 makes me wonder if it's just not there (incomplete update?) or if it somehow doesn't have permission to do so. I wonder if it's just that no one else has made an attempt at running the hackmii installer with this particular game and that it intentionally has this activity blocked such that emulators and some other homebrew work and so it was reported as working on WiiUBrew but just not the hackmii installer ...
Now I'm just rambling but I really don't know what else to try here.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes in live we make decisions that are not the best ones :(

Maybe is not to late to make a change!

mariohannerps4_zpsc9867d84.jpg

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks robjansen for your reply.

I have downloaded your file, placed on SD Card together with the wii homebrew channel stuff.

The wii homebrew channel loads perfectly. When I enter on the Hackmii Installer the TV screen stays green and after 3 seconds I'm on the Hackmii banner.

I wait around 5 minutes and nothing :( . I have notice that with this file the wiimote blue lights stays off.

jhonniewalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So whats the odds of all my SD Cards are damage?

To make sure that the problem aren't the SD Cards. I'm going to buy 1 or 2 new SD Cards.

What brand is the best recommended?

Regards

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am using a SANDISK SD-Card with 2GB and used the SmashStack. For SmashStack only non SDHC-Cards (2GB or lower) are working. I dont know if bathaxx has the same requirements.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Format SD card
2. Download this HBC installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download/09ktmcutnrm1rck/HackMii_Installer.rar
3. Extract to the "root" of your SD card and try again.

This is the HomeBrew Channel stuff!
You only have to add the "private" folder with the exploit you are going to use.
If you already copied the exploit to the Wii system memory, you don't have to add anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16