Hardware Want a small N3DS, import options?

alpha_noj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the US, and seeing as they don't want to bring the black small N3DS out over here I'm considering importing a European model and setting up CFW on that. Anyone have trusted websites or options? I figure I will have to either attempt the usual guide or hard mod, possibly the latter just for some peace of mind.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty is putting out another small n3ds in the US soon.
Yeah, I can't wait to camp the store page for three hours only to have the unit sold out before I can add it to my cart and be expected to spend $400 on eBay for a console that isn't worth $100.

Again.

Reactions: Swiftloke

alpha_noj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll likely import a JPN model but I have a few questions. If I region swap, can I update the system using the update system feature normally? I know e shop won't work, but what about friends list and such?

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'll likely import a JPN model but I have a few questions. If I region swap, can I update the system using the update system feature normally? I know e shop won't work, but what about friends list and such?

Other features shouldn't be affected. You don't need a region swap. I've been using a Japanese 3DS for years and I have no trouble navigating.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region swap can have keyboard issues, folder creation, etc. No eshop access, can update with issues.
Region swapped ds's have issues with one of the keyboards (the one linked to about half of the home menu and a few games). Folder creation still works, but you cannot name them. If you are region swapping, why exactly are you caring about the eshop (ik people still like to have the eshop, but there are other alternatives to getting your updates)? What do you mean update issues? I have not had a single update issue on my n3ds, but I have had issues on my o3ds.

ashinnblunts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imported a JPN N3DS last year and it was on 8.1. I got it from Amazon.

I region changed it to USA, and I'm having no issues with it other than eshop access. I thought you could transfer the secureinfo from a 3DS with access to the N3DS, but I'm not sure.

I also have no problem naming folders.

Last edited by ashinnblunts,
Reactions: alpha_noj

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region swapped ds's have issues with one of the keyboards (the one linked to about half of the home menu and a few games). Folder creation still works, but you cannot name them. If you are region swapping, why exactly are you caring about the eshop (ik people still like to have the eshop, but there are other alternatives to getting your updates)? What do you mean update issues? I have not had a single update issue on my n3ds, but I have had issues on my o3ds.
Meant to say "no" issues.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: