Hardware Wanna sell my 2DS to a friend...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to get a Nintendo 2DS a month ago to play Pokemon. I also got Professor Layton for dirt cheap. I finished both games story wise and while I think Miracle Mask was worth my while and Pokemon's story was subpar, I'm not as enthusiastic as completing the Pokedex as I was years ago.

I have a friend who is planning to get a 2DS for her son and since I don't want a 2DS anymore (no time, busy with final year at uni and I completed the story of Pokemon for a month so that should tell you how much time I have...) so I'm planning to sell it to her for £95, which is the same price I got it for.

However, since I downloaded Pokemon through the eShop, and I've got an NNID linked to it, not so sure what I should do with my NNID?

So far what I got is that when I delete my NNID I would forfeit my Pokemon X as well? Is that true? I won't mind leaving my NNID as I don't have any Nintendo consoles apart from the 2DS and the only transaction on that account is Pokemon. I'll just delete my bank details on it. Is this OK?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are aware you can buy a 2DS in game at the moment for £99 with a physical copy of Pokemon X or Y

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are aware you can buy a 2DS in game at the moment for £99 with a physical copy of Pokemon X or Y

Yes I am. But I'm more concerned about NNID and the digital copy of Pokemon that's already on my 2DS.

If I delete my NNID account, can Pokemon be re-downloaded again on the same 2DS?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The games are linked to the NNID, but weirdly, the NNID is linked to the system. Without doing a system transfer beforehand (as it will warn you if you go to format), it's my understanding that removal of your NNID is forfeit of all eshop content you've purchased.

On a basic level though, no, if you unlink your NNID, that system will not have access to Pokemon X.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The games are linked to the NNID, but weirdly, the NNID is linked to the system. Without doing a system transfer beforehand (as it will warn you if you go to format), it's my understanding that removal of your NNID is forfeit of all eshop content you've purchased.

On a basic level though, no, if you unlink your NNID, that system will not have access to Pokemon X.

So the best thing for me to do if I want to keep Pokemon is to just leave it as it is?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much. Maybe change the password for the NNID login to something simple (so that they can change it themselves), and unlink your Club Nintendo account if that's hooked up. Otherwise, if you have no reason to value that NNID, there's no real reason to toss it with Pokemon X into the abyss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.