Hacking Homebrew Wanna learn the hows of the PSP

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well i just got myself a PSP, although i dunno the firmware (i belive its 2.6 although i dont know how to see what firmware it has, but its not the newers one's, since this PSP is already one year old).
I wanted to know how to change the handheld firmware, how to make backups and emulator work etc... i'm a fresh newbie... i only have a 32 mbs memory stick though... oh well i just wanna make some emulators work
rofl2.gif

Thanks in advance

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
For checking the FW...

Settings>System Settings>System Information
It'll read
MAC Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
System Software Version X.XX
Nickname _____

As for downgrading, it depends on the FW you are currently on, but there is one method that is ultimate and once you get back with your FW, I'll probably be at work or something so I'll just post a short tutorial and the link to the source.
smile.gif

Yay for pirating Sony >.>

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Make sure you don't have a TA-082 motherboard, otherwise if you attempt to downgrade you will brick your psp. Search the website PSP Updates for info on how to tell if your psp will be bricked if you downgrade.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
www.maxconsole.net, if you want news psp.qj.net. visit www.psp-hacks.com if you like. 1 and only suggestion, read read and read. Don't necessarily need to downgrade to run isos, can do it on 2.71 with hen c and 2.71 devhook...but once again, just read, read and read and you'll have a feel for it.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well i looked through psp-hacks since that one seemed pretty good from the rest of the pages that you guys gave me (thanks
biggrin.gif
).

My PSP is 2.01 and that kinda sucks, it isnt possible to downgrade to 1.5 with this firmware, but at psp-hacks they show that i can update to 2.6 and then use an exploit at GTA but... i dont have GTA ;_; can i update it safely to 2.71 and then downgrade it using the method they show in psp-hacks forums (without GTA)?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The 2.71 update>downgrade is fairly new and I just read about it a little bit ago (too focused on my DS right now XD) I'm going to try downgrading my friends' PSP this weekend with this method, but so far it sounds pretty good and has gotten positive comments from people who have done this.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I gots a 1.5 PSP with loads of homebrew but the DS is way better.

lol i have a DS as well, but i found this PSP cheap (70€ for it, like brand new Value Pack, the guy just wanted to get rid of it), so i can play both games now, i always wanted to try Loco Roco a little more then the Demo version.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i looked through psp-hacks since that one seemed pretty good from the rest of the pages that you guys gave me (thanks
biggrin.gif
).

My PSP is 2.01 and that kinda sucks, it isnt possible to downgrade to 1.5 with this firmware, but at psp-hacks they show that i can update to 2.6 and then use an exploit at GTA but... i dont have GTA ;_; can i update it safely to 2.71 and then downgrade it using the method they show in psp-hacks forums (without GTA)?

Yes. Follow instructions and use clean decrypted firmware dumps and it'll be ok to go to 2.71 and down to 1.5. Or if you can find a good copy of that version of GTA, you can do a down from 2.5/2.6. 2.01 says you definitely do not have a ta-082. I recommend doing a fresh install after the downgrade process using an official sony firmware update so there's 2 ways to do this after you're down to 1.5:

1) Use a version changer and run the 1.5 firware upgrade eboot or
2) Upgrade to 2.0 and run mph's downgrader.

After you're on 1.5, you may want to consider going to 2.71 SE by Dark Alex, I would not go back to 1.5 after upgrading.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a TA-082, you can always downgrade to 2.50, nothing lower than that.

But there's a method to run ISOs on 2.71 now anyways with Devhook + HEN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt