Wanna clear somethings up

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by MahouMaster, Jul 21, 2008.

1. MahouMaster
    OP

MahouMaster GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2007
    Well, I finally will be buying a 360 on Thursday; good deal, too: AU$379 for an Arcade with Halo 3, Viva Pinata Party Animals (sadly, not the original) and PGR4 (I freaking love Target!), I'm picking up a controller and charger bundle and GTA IV, too. I want to find out a bit about Live.
    I know that only Gold has online multiplayer, so, what does the Arcade system come with and do any of the games listed include Gold membership. If not, does anyone know where to purchase 12 months cheap?
    Also, does anyone know of any cheap wireless adaptors as the router and modem are about 3 rooms away from where the 360 will be? I have a long ethernet cable but it wouldn't be very practical to stream across the house.
    Thanks in advance!

2. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    It doesn't come with Xbox Live Gold membership. You have to buy it. Look on eBay for cheaper than official prices.

You can only use the official Xbox 360 wireless adapter.

3. mb01

mb01 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Adelaide
    Well i work at Toys R Us and we have limited edition GTA 4 with 1 month live subscription so you should be ok for a while if you get that. Just picked up my second 360, Halo 3 limited edition system with GTA 4 for $300 AUD. Gotta love staff discount.

4. test84

test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Sep 8, 2006
    Iran
    Iran, Tehran.
    You know that you can have 3 months of free Gold membership with your system, right?
    You can have up to three separate silver accounts upgraded to Gold and play with them online per system.

5. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    If you sign up for Live through the 360 you get 1 month of Gold for free.

6. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    like martin said, there are no options for wireless adapter. only official. which is $100 in the U.S. so probably more in au.

there are some alternatives if you use a network bridge but compatibility is a huge issue

7. solange82200

solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Miami, FL
    You can get 1 month of Gold for free? I just got an Xbox, I didnt know that. How exactly do you sign up?

8. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    Join xbox live and you get the trial automatically.

9. MahouMaster
    OP

Apr 5, 2007
    So, third party ones won't work? I'm sure I read that somewhere... Hopefully I did, the adaptor's about AU$180 here. When I try to bridge the network, it crashed the entire internet on my system.

Also, yay for free gold! That'll keep me busy as I look for a cheap headset and gold membership.

10. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    so you will basically have 2 months of gold for free with GTA and the included 1 month free when creating an account

to get the first one just make an xbox live account (aka: create a gamertag) and you get 1 month
    now you can wait for the current month to run out or just type in the code that came with GTAIV to get another 1 month of gold

11. MahouMaster
    OP

Apr 5, 2007
    Great! So, can I get both months registered at the same time or do I have to wait/it'll be only one month, not two?

12. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    you can do it at the same time
    just type in the code and it will start the GTAIV 1 month gold, once that runs out it will then revert back to the free 1 month gold that came with creating a gamertag

13. MahouMaster
    OP

Apr 5, 2007
    Great! Thanks everyone. I've gone with picking up a 20 metre ehternet cord and putting across the walls to the router. Now, the agonising wait till Thursday, any idea how to pass the time?