Waninoko = wiigator?

Seraph863

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless if the IP addresses could be matched up or not, it does not prove anything.

For example: If it were the same person, WiiGator could be an at-work only alias. Thus, IP's would not match.

If you take a look at this at a psychological stand point, there is no reason for Wan to be WiiGator. Sure, his beta was leaked and he "left the scene." If he were to come back and release a better build, why wouldn't he want the credit?

I'm pretty sure some random kid just saw an opportunity and took it.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is pretty fail.

discussing Brakken's reasoning behind it all, Everyone was screaming FAKE and making a big deal out of everything on his board and making bullshit threads left and right on his forums. He tested waninkoko's loader himself to prove it wasn't fake to shut everyone up, then they started crying because they didn't have a copy and someone tried to hack his computer just to get the shoddily thrown together beta.

Besides, the guy has a life and quite possibly a few threads slipped by while he was trying to restore his server which had been (unintentionally or not) DDoS'ed
and if no one noticed, his site doesn't promote, accept or assist piracy. If any of you read threads on there he didn't start blocking shit out until people started with "LOLOL I DOWNLOADED AN ISO FROM TEH INTERNET I DONT OWN AN ORIGINAL COPY OF HOW DO I PATCH IT LOLOLOL" and at that point, it's bold-faced piracy, NOT the 5% of us who choose to do what we want with what we've bought with our own money.

If you don't get it now, chances are you never will, but seriously, this discussion doesn't even belong in this section anyway.

And on the main topic, would you blame someone for hiding behind another name if it turned out to be true? look how fucking cut-throat this "scene" is becoming.
The dark alex/m33 situation was something different altogether as from what I've heard Sony was trying to go after him and was using his sources (his firmwares used to be OE for 'open edition') to patch their security holes, which is why you also don't find sources of newer m33 releases anymore either.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
And on the main topic, would you blame someone for hiding behind another name if it turned out to be true? look how fucking cut-throat this "scene" is becoming.
The dark alex/m33 situation was something different altogether as from what I've heard Sony was trying to go after him and was using his sources (his firmwares used to be OE for 'open edition') to patch their security holes, which is why you also don't find sources of newer m33 releases anymore either.

Open Edition was never open source.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chuckstudios said:
Mark McDonut said:

Open Edition was never open source.

Then I stand corrected, I got into psp firmware flashing much after that all went down and was going off what I'd read from various sources, which are apparently wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol