Hacking Waninkoko's firmware updater 4.1

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the internet connection necessary for this updater working? If true, where can I find a off-line version?

Thanks

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
june12 said:
Is the internet connection necessary for this updater working? If true, where can I find a off-line version?

Thanks
First, before I'm answering: Reading the fu**ing Read ME!!!, and search for "4.1 Offline" with the Search Button would be a good idea
dry.gif
. Please, is it so hard?

Now, nope, no Offline for Wanins-Updater, you need an Internet-Connection. You can:

-Wait for an Disc that includes this Update (recommended, very safe)
-Look http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835"" target="_blank">here for an Offline 4.0 Update, do it (if you aren't on 4.0 already), get the 4.1 Systemmenu WAD via NUS Downloader and install it (not recommended, not very safe).

Besides, why would you want to go on 4.0? If you want Channel Loading from SD, have a look at Triiforce. Much better, the real deal.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
june12 said:

Thanks
First, before I'm answering: Reading the fu**ing Read ME!!!, and search for "4.1 Offline" with the Search Button would be a good idea
dry.gif
. Please, is it so hard?

Now, nope, no Offline for Wanins-Updater, you need an Internet-Connection. You can:

-Wait for an Disc that includes this Update (recommended, very safe)
-Look http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835"" target="_blank">here for an Offline 4.0 Update, do it (if you aren't on 4.0 already), get the 4.1 Systemmenu WAD via NUS Downloader and install it (not recommended, not very safe).

Besides, why would you want to go on 4.0? If you want Channel Loading from SD, have a look at Triiforce. Much better, the real deal.

Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate!

I hear that Wii Sport Resort needs 4.0 upper version, that's why I want to upgrade.
And after some research, it looks like Waninkoko's firmware updater is the best, which can keep the soft-mod result, and steps are so easy(no need upgrade the system, then downgrade some cIOS). Just find in the ReadMe, it needs internet. But not very sure about that, so asking here to see whether there is a off-line version.

Just more question, what do you mean, "Disc that includes this Update"? do you mean maybe the needed files will be zipped and uploaded to the internet later? Or you mean i need download the needed files individually, and burn them into a disc?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I mean that you should simply wait for an Official game that will include the 4.1 Update, like New Super Mario Bros., etc...

Anyways: I don't know anything about your Wii...you want to play Wii Sports Resort, alright. Now, how? It sounds like you even didn't tried out to play it...why not try out, and then look what happens? I'm not shure, but I think Sports Resort don't even needs 4.0
unsure.gif
. Now:

-If you want to play it via Backup-Launcher (USB, Disc, SD), you don't need 4.0.
-If you want to play it via cIOSCORP, you only need to install the last version of cIOSCORP.
-If you want to play the original Retail Disc, which is from your Region, simply let it do the Update. It won't hurt anything, and if it does, you can still hack your Wii, to restore the hacks.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
I mean that you should simply wait for an Official game that will include the 4.1 Update, like New Super Mario Bros., etc...

Anyways: I don't know anything about your Wii...you want to play Wii Sports Resort, alright. Now, how? It sounds like you even didn't tried out to play it...why not try out, and then look what happens? I'm not shure, but I think Sports Resort don't even needs 4.0
unsure.gif
. Now:

-If you want to play it via Backup-Launcher (USB, Disc, SD), you don't need 4.0.
-If you want to play it via cIOSCORP, you only need to install the last version of cIOSCORP.
-If you want to play the original Retail Disc, which is from your Region, simply let it do the Update. It won't hurt anything, and if it does, you can still hack your Wii, to restore the hacks.

Hehehe... You are right. i don't even try yet. Still doing the research
rolleyes.gif

So you mean i have no need to upgrade at all? If I upgrade from a game disc, will that erase installed HWC?
I used the Twinight method, and have USB Loader GX. Some people report it can't load the backup, black screen. So it is not the version issue?

Thanks again for your help!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
june12 said:
rolleyes.gif

So you mean i have no need to upgrade at all? If I upgrade from a game disc, will that erase installed HWC?
I used the Twinight method, and have USB Loader GX. Some people report it can't load the backup, black screen. So it is not the version issue?

What do you mean with HWC? Do you mean HBC, for the Homebrewchannel? If so, no, it won't delete it. But for shure USB Loader GX can load the game. With USBLoader, you are on the safe side, no worries about Updates, etc. You'll only need the Alt.dol-Method for this, and the game works. I won't explain that alt.dol thing much further, simply burn the game, rip it to USB, and play around in GX, you'll get it, I'm shure. If you don't get it, use the Search Button (Wii Sports Resort alt dol), and you'll find what you need.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
june12 said:
rolleyes.gif

What do you mean with HWC? Do you mean HBC, for the Homebrewchannel? If so, no, it won't delete it. But for shure USB Loader GX can load the game. With USBLoader, you are on the safe side, no worries about Updates, etc. You'll only need the Alt.dol-Method for this, and the game works. I won't explain that alt.dol thing much further, simply burn the game, rip it to USB, and play around in GX, you'll get it, I'm shure. If you don't get it, use the Search Button (Wii Sports Resort alt dol), and you'll find what you need.

COOL! Thanks a lot! I will not upgrade my firmware then
biggrin.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:

unsure.gif
. Now:

This CAN brick your Wii depending on what you did to the Wii beforehand. It will update you to 3.4 and if you did something to downgrade or something and have a stub IOS50, it will brick you.

You won't NEED to be on 4.0/4.1 to play WSR, but you will need the more recent IOS's like 38,53, and 55 and such. The sole purpose of the 4.1 update is to fix a bug in WSR where if you play a game from the SD card menu, you will have to watch the motionplus video again the next time you load up WSR, meaning you would have to do the alt-dol stuff again if not playing it through the disc channel. There are offline methods to upgrade your system in the guides in the stickies. Edit: In the simplistic mod guide at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed