XP
Country
Swaziland
Slimmmmmm said:
jabber1 said:
Hallo all,

I updated by renaming Firmware-Updater_4.0.dol to boot.dol and running through
the hbc.
Worked fine. Before I had 3.3E and now 4.0E is shown.

- Unless: The HBC won't open any more. No error shown.

Can anybody help, please?
wink2.gif

best regards,

jabber.

Help with what ? In your post you say it worked ??
Just mean you've change the IOS that used to be used by HBC
So just reinstall HBC and that's it!

matulike

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've read so many posts now, I've confused myself!

I've got a Wii chipped with Infectus Argon. On 3.2E. some new games arent working, I've been 'brickblocking' them so updates are removed and trucha signed.

I need to keep trucha bug, otherwise wont be able to play loads of my games. I think I need to update to be able to play some of the newer games.

If I just update normally, I'll lose the trucha bug. But will I be OK if I JUST use Wanikoko's updater? Without having to go through all the rest of the downgrades, patches etc I've seen written about?

I want to be able to use the channels on SD cards etc too. And SDHC.

I dont need to backup channel, cos I have the chip. I'd like the USB loader though.

So can any one just give me the simple answer - can I just update by running Wanikoko's updater from HBC? Or do I just update on line from Nintendo+use the trucha bug restorer?!?!
unsure.gif

Thanks.

Update: I'd read this 'tutorial' for keeping homebrew - this is what I'm wondering if I need to do, as I have the chip.

What you will need:

a) Homebrew Channel already installed

b) cIOS249

c) Waninkokos firmware updater 4 and IOS60patched.wad

d) 300+ free blocks in your Wii memory

Copy the app and wad to your SD card and do the following:

1) Install cIOS249 rev8 with wad manager.

2) Install IOS60patched.wad with wad manager.

3) Restart your Wii.

4) Now run Waninkokos Firmware-Updater_4.0 and follow any prompts until it's finished.

You will now have System menu 4 with most of your homebrew working and the ability to play pirate wads off of your SD card. If you really want the shop channel then install it offline with these wads. If you want to use the USB loader then install cIOS249 rev9, 13a or 13b (see which one works best for your wii) otherwise stick with rev8

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
in the last post... the guy says to get IOS60patched.wad
I didnt see this till after i started the firmware upater to go from my flashed/patched 3.2 to 4.0.

i have the rest already on my wii tho.
Do i need that file he states and if so.. can i download and install it after the firmware updater has ran ?

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
my wii updated to 4.0 fine... but ghostbusters no longer works again, just hangs at white wear strap screen.

Ghostbusters didnt work on the flashed 3.2 .... but worked using the neogamma r7. But then i updated to firmware 4.0 and now it dont work again. Do i need the neogamma r8 beta ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1