Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today I finaly got to upgrading to 4.0
I forgot to check if I had enough memory blocks left.
Turned out I didn't. Halfway the installation of the shop channel the installation failed.
I was afraid that I would be left with a brick. but no.
After restarting the Wii and freeing some memory the installer picked up right were it was left.
Nifty!

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it does. I had to do it over and over, until i installed it the official way and it was REAL quick

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I did knew that it will stop in an error like this.
But, really the property you described (resume function) is great and I didn't knew it
grog.gif
!

You should have read it needs some free blocks
lecture.gif
. I did the same
ph34r.gif
, but in my case I had the required space...
biggrin.gif

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nash79 said:
I dont think it does. I had to do it over and over, until i installed it the official way and it was REAL quick

Waninkoko's updater downloads all necessary files from Nintendo's servers before updating. If it fails during the download you have to start over, but you never have to worry about bricking due to files not being properly downloaded, as the updater completes downloading before actually beginning the update. As for the official way being faster, I'm pretty sure you just tried at a different moment when Nintendo's server was running better... both Waninkoko's and the official update get the files from the same place.

Also, for those who keep mentioning it (not in this thread specifically), Waninkoko's Updater is no more or less dangerous than updating via Nintendo. At all. There are only advantages to using it (ie: your old IOSes will be left alone, whereas with Nintendo's update they are not), no disadvantages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol